INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image metadata access in through the plugin api?  (Read 1718 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Image metadata access in through the plugin api?
« on: September 03, 2009, 09:23:08 am »

Is it possible to access image metadata from the plugin API?

When you select tag for a jpg image in the action window and then press JPG topmost in the tag frame, the format page appears. That's the info I'd like to access (just read).

I know how to do this from the file and I've also managed to parse XMP, but the process is quite slow. There is also the problem where data may not be synchronized between the image and the MC database. I'd think that this problem would have less impact if I read from the MC database.

raldo

Re: Image metadata access in through the plugin api?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 01:54:19 am »

bump...

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 06:31:25 am »

You might be able to do this with the "Tag()" function in an expression?  I was able to use this to access the gapless information when they recently added it as so:

MJFileAutomation.GetFilledTemplate("Tag(Gapless Header)")

See the wiki for more info.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

raldo

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 07:26:15 am »

You might be able to do this with the "Tag()" function in an expression?  I was able to use this to access the gapless information when they recently added it as so:

MJFileAutomation.GetFilledTemplate("Tag(Gapless Header)")

See the wiki for more info.

In the wiki, this particular api function looks like it would read from the file on disk and not from the library, am I correct?

Is "Gapless Header" an audio tag? I'm unsure what the image metadata equivalent of your method call would look like. Is the "raw" image metadata stored in a tag with as one big text string?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:50:59 am »

In the wiki, this particular api function looks like it would read from the file on disk and not from the library, am I correct?

Correct.

I'm unsure what the image metadata equivalent of your method call would look like. Is the "raw" image metadata stored in a tag with as one big text string?

Sorry, I don't know what accessing the image tags would look like but I think you can do it with this function if someone can tell you what the syntax should be.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

raldo

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 05:05:20 am »

Sorry, I don't know what accessing the image tags would look like but I think you can do it with this function if someone can tell you what the syntax should be.

Ok, thanks..
Pages: [1]   Go Up