INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Listing Header Information  (Read 1058 times)

idhToronto

• Junior Woodchuck
File Listing Header Information
« on: September 03, 2009, 05:28:18 am »

Is it possible to customise the information that is displayed for the header in a File Listing? For instance, I would like my header to display album name followed by album artist and not the default which appears to be based on the artist field so instead of displaying 'Cabaret [Original London Album] by Various Artists' as it does it to say 'Cabaret [Original London Album] by Original London Cast'

If this can be done - would you point me to where the instructions are?

Thanks!

Ian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: File Listing Header Information
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 08:49:15 am »

You can set thumbnail text in the Customize View dialog on the right.

For a file list, you can add / edit columns by right-clicking the column header.  An expression column is a little work, but allows combining any number of fields and applying fancy formatting or math.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

idhToronto

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 10:25:55 am »

When I right-click on the column header all i see is a list of columns to select. That is not what i am referrring to. Just below the column headers is text that identifies the contents of the file list. It looks like it is the Album name followed by the Artist (or if multiple artists it says Various Artists). Example for a cast recording it would say 'Cabaret [Original Cast Recording] by Various Artists'

What I would like it to say is  Album Name followed by Album Artist so that for the same it is 'Cabaret [Original Cast Recording] by Original Broadway Cast

Is this cutomisable ?

Ian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:47:14 am »

Ah, I see.  We call that 'Grouping'.

You can change grouping in the Customize View dialog, but it's not possible to enter user-created expressions for what to show.

This might be a nice feature enhancement.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 01:23:27 pm »

but it's not possible to enter user-created expressions for what to show.

I have several custom library fields here that are used purely for list grouping.
For example, my 'incoming' photos view groups all photos in the "\Incoming" folder by date taken, and puts all other photos at the bottom of the list in a group called "Finished"
"if(isequal([filename],incoming,8),Not Tagged - formatdate([date,0],yyyy//MM//dd),Finished)"

This makes using tagging mode to tag new photos so much easier as all existing tags are available in the panes.
All names for library fields setup for this purpose begin with "vs-" so that they are listed together in the field manager, and to remind me why it exists in the first place when I'm doing library maintenance.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up