INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folder sync feature request  (Read 815 times)

ropp

• Recent member
Folder sync feature request
« on: September 04, 2009, 01:59:32 am »

As discussed here in forums, some people were stuck in understanding how the Lbrary Sync feature works. I was one of them.

I got my Music stored in default MyMusic folder on my Laptop and a copy of this folder is stored on my Windows Home server in server's Music folder. At the moment I am syncing these folders by means of SyncToy, which lets me keep the local laptop library synced with server's music.
Whenever I tried to use Library Sync feature, it started to copy my  music files from the server onto my Laptop. But in fact I have those files on it already, that resulted in creating duplicates. Also the existing Library Sync features copies files not considering the folders they are in. Yes, you can set Artist-Album topology but in my case some of the files stay in Artist/Album folder and sometimes they plainly lay in Artist folder as well as some folders hold music for many artsits.

I think it will be a good idea to implement folder syncronisation but not just the library sync the way it works at the moment.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Folder sync feature request
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:27:29 am »

Library Sync wasn't nicely handling the case when the local machine already had the file.

We believe this is fixed in build 14.0.61 and later.  Please let us know how you fare.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up