INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View backgrounds - Suggestions  (Read 2202 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View backgrounds - Suggestions
« on: September 07, 2009, 03:24:42 pm »

I'm looking for a smooth background for Theater View. The default one is not exactly the coolest  :-\
I've been searching the web for a video of the PS3 background but have not found any yet. Any of you know of links to sites with such videos?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Daydream

Re: Theater View backgrounds - Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:33:45 pm »

I'm looking for a smooth background for Theater View. The default one is not exactly the coolest  :-\
Because the JRiver logo does not belong there (too many complex geometric shapes, too distracting when spinning, etc, regardless of speed). Smooth shapes work better.

I've been searching the web for a video of the PS3 background but have not found any yet. Any of you know of links to sites with such videos?

Not sure what you're after, maybe this comes close?

One other note is that the background is one for all sections, sections who changes in design, data on-screen and so on. Custom backgrounds, custom positions, custom definitions, custom... dang here I go at it again...! :)

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 01:34:22 am »

Not sure what you're after, maybe this comes close?

The video was gone. "An error occurred".
I'm not 100% sure what I'm after. Just some soothing and slow moving motion I guess. Pretty much like the PS3 background. Don't mind if it's in black and white, but it have to be slow and it have to be next to none details that cuts through and get's visible when browsing. I checked out www.12inchdesign.com (look at Single Clips for Download / Abstract / Smooth, for some good examples), but the prices was awful. 20$ for a 2 sec video clip is a bit much. I'd prefer if it was free of course.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 10:05:29 am »

Make a playlist called 'Theater View Background' and put any media in it you like.

A 3D slideshow of that media will be used as the Theater View background.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 11:07:30 am »

Yes, that's what I wanted to do. I'm just missing that good smooth background video. I don't want something screaming in my face when I'm browsing my collection :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 11:13:41 am »

Yes, that's what I wanted to do. I'm just missing that good smooth background video. I don't want something screaming in my face when I'm browsing my collection :)

I'm not sure if you're responding to me, but the 'Theater View Background' playlist makes a pretty smooth background, I think.  It's been in v14 for quite a while now, although is admittedly a bit hidden.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:16:00 pm »

I'm not sure if you're responding to me, but the 'Theater View Background' playlist makes a pretty smooth background, I think.  It's been in v14 for quite a while now, although is admittedly a bit hidden.

I'm just so picky. A series of images with sharp textures and much details just don't do it. I want a looping video with soft, smooth textures that's not going to jump out of the background, but flow perfectly in the background without distracting.

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 04:42:44 am »

Really? Nobody found any good small video backgrounds, or at least know some possible sources? Nobody cares about the plain default background? I'm in shock  ::)

gappie

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 05:52:05 am »

Nobody cares about the plain default background? I'm in shock  ::)
well, i do.  8) when choosing some nice images i think the suggestion of matt works nicely, a nice extra but hidden feature. in the end i went back to something without moving background. i prefer it that way.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up