INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor Performance Win 7 x64 [SOLVED]  (Read 1971 times)

MitchellK

• Recent member
Poor Performance Win 7 x64 [SOLVED]
« on: September 06, 2009, 04:16:24 am »

I ran MC14 very successfully on Windows 7 RC (x86), now I am on the final code Win7 Ultimate X64 and MC14 is really performing quite poorly. I have 14.0.50 and I also tried 14.0.61 and both are the same as performance goes. Every minute or so the application freezes the entire system, cannot even call up task manager, it will stay frozen for about a minute and then free itself again. If I am playing a song and then browsing the library for another song to add to a playlist it will freeze up and won't even fade to the next song until the freeze has let itself go. The application also takes control of my mouse and does some strange things, mouse seems to run at 1/5th of it's normal speed and hooks all over the screen, even if I put MC to the background and switch to another application the mouse hooking behaviour continues.

Is this something that the developers are aware of? Anyone else been testing this under the final code of win7 x64?
I would really like to be able to resolve this as it's making the application most frustrating to use at the moment.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Poor Performance Win 7 x64
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 06:43:54 am »

It's not likely that this is an MC problem.  MC may be waiting for the network, for example.

Please try the link called "Stability" in my signature. 

zuiko

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 02:57:15 pm »

I'm running it on Win 7 x64 Ultimate RTM and have no issues. Sounds like there might be a system issue.

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 03:29:58 pm »

Win 7 x64 RTM here with zero problems. I actually think it performs better than it did on XP x32. Of course, that was MC13.

MitchellK

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 04:25:02 am »

Thanks everyone for your replies which helped me to quickly realise that the problem is not with MC14. I think I have solved the issue, all my music files have always been on an external drive which worked OK under MC14 on Win 7 (x86) RC but it does seem there is some strange delay issues with Removable Drives under Win 7 (x64) RTM.

I relocated my library and files to a fixed SATA drive and now it seems to be working perfectly. As for the external drives issue that is something I will have to investigate further. I hope this may help others who may experience strange performance problems and may be using an external drive.

I will feedback to this forum if I happen to discover "what" exactly is causing these time out delays with removable drives on Win 7.

Thanks all :)

Regards
Mitch
Pages: [1]   Go Up