INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seamless integration with My Movies - Excellent!  (Read 23143 times)

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Seamless integration with My Movies - Excellent!
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2009, 08:58:24 am »

there is more room for me being less lazy I suspect :)

thanks for the help

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2009, 09:38:35 pm »

I'm having an issue with the mymovies info showing up.  I have checked the folders and there is a jrsidecarxml file in there.  I have gone to the movies and updated library from tags and nothing.  All the movies are mkv's in individual folders.

It seems the issue is in the jriversidecar.xml.  It has little to know information in it.  However I thought if you update library from tags would "syn" these files so to speak.  Do you think I will have to delete all xml information and restart?

Thanks.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2009, 11:45:35 pm »

I'm having an issue with the mymovies info showing up.  I have checked the folders and there is a jrsidecarxml file in there.  I have gone to the movies and updated library from tags and nothing.  All the movies are mkv's in individual folders.

It seems the issue is in the jriversidecar.xml.  It has little to know information in it.  However I thought if you update library from tags would "syn" these files so to speak.  Do you think I will have to delete all xml information and restart?

Thanks.

Update Tags (from library) will write tags to the JRSideCar file OR whenever you manually change a tag inside MC. Do you have valid movie data showing up in MC? If you do and the data is still not appearing in the sidecar, try deleting the sidecar, and then doing an Update Tags (from library).  Also, MyMovies xml data will not be re-read as long as a JRSideCar file exists.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2009, 11:49:00 pm »

I tested out a WHS addin version of mymovies to see how it would play with MC, but it seems like MC was auto importing my new movies faster than the mymovies addin was creating the xml files, so I ended up with no metadata for any of the files in MC.

It would be good if there were a library tool inside MC called something like "Apply myMovies metadata..." which would make MC look to see if there were an xml file next to the video file on the hard drive. This would also let those of us (me) who have carefully tagged a huge swathes of movies in MC to "dip our toes" into using myMovies and try it out a few movies at a time.

Any chance of this happening?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2009, 11:40:45 am »

For now you will have to manually remove existing JRSidecar files before you can import data from mymovies files (except that you can always use "Import Playlist" tool to do it).  I should hook "Remove Tags" command to removing sidecar files (I think it makes logical sense).  That way you can use the command to remove existing sidecars, then do an "update library (from tags)" to get data from mymovies.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2009, 04:39:17 pm »

For now you will have to manually remove existing JRSidecar files before you can import data from mymovies files (except that you can always use "Import Playlist" tool to do it).  I should hook "Remove Tags" command to removing sidecar files (I think it makes logical sense).  That way you can use the command to remove existing sidecars, then do an "update library (from tags)" to get data from mymovies.

I agree Yaobing. That would make good sense.
Z-Wave Home Automation

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2009, 05:51:39 am »

Sounds good. How are people dealing with redundant sidecar/mymovie files? Like when you use the rename tool to organize the files on your computer. That must leave millions of files strewn all over the place, and even if you did a search for all xml files and deleted them, you'd still be left with empty folders.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2009, 05:12:03 pm »

...if you use folder monitoring in MM3, it will automatically create a mymovies.xml file in each directory and no data entry is required if directory name is ok.  it would be much more convenient if MC would replicate this in its import of the mymovies.xml data.  ie. if mymovies.xml exists, it gets applied to each video file in the directory unless a moviename.mymovies.xml file exists that would superseed it for those cases where a few avi files reside in a directory and if a video_TS subdirectory exists then mymovies.xml is asumed to apply there unless one exists within video_TS.  If it did something like this, it is a one step automatic monitoring in MM3 (with limited data entry) and then folder monitoring in MC can get tags.  current method is a lot of manual manipulation in MM3, or am I missing something?

Hmmm, I can fully appreciate this problem now! If you use MM to RIP online DVDs to a "<movie name>/video_ts" folder structure, by default, it places the XML file under "<movie name>" but MC expects it to reside under "video_ts". Therefore it's a manual process to move the file so MC can read it. For DVD rips, it would be nice if MC could first check the root (movie_name) folder for the XML and if not found, then search the video_ts folder.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Vocalpoint

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2009, 11:01:36 am »

Hmmm, I can fully appreciate this problem now! If you use MM to RIP online DVDs to a "<movie name>/video_ts" folder structure, by default, it places the XML file under "<movie name>" but MC expects it to reside under "video_ts". Therefore it's a manual process to move the file so MC can read it. For DVD rips, it would be nice if MC could first check the root (movie_name) folder for the XML and if not found, then search the video_ts folder.

Just working with this now - and it's a complete PITA.

If you are using My Movies via Windows Home Server and have the My Movies Monitor switched on - once you move the mymovies.xml file to the VIDEO_TS folder to get your MC library ship shape - this "monitor" then goes out to my "Video" share and recreates a new set of xml files within the Movie folder itself (not in the VIDEO_TS subdirectory). Then to make it even worse - when you reopen the My Movies Collection Management tool - it immediately picsks up these new "monitor" entries and creates dupes of all your movies in the Collection database.

The only workaround that I have right now is to shut off the My Movie Monitor - but that defeats the purpose of having My Movies running on the server in the first place - since it turns this into a manual cataloging process for me.

If Media Center wants to make this "import" truly useful for those of us who want to full benefit of the My Movies cataloging process - it needs to read the first mymovies.xml file it sees in the path rather than looking specifically only in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Cheers!

VP

gappie

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2009, 11:12:00 am »

are you on the new version, since this was in the change log:
4. Changed: Improved MyMovies support with regard to ripped DVDs' folder specification.  MyMovies.xml in the parent folder of VIDEO_TS folder will be used if one is not found in the VIDEO_TS folder itself.
im not using My Movies, thought i just say in case you did not update to the latest.

:)
gab

Vocalpoint

« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2009, 11:21:57 am »

are you on the new version, since this was in the change log:im not using My Movies, thought i just say in case you did not update to the latest.

gab

Yep. I am on 101 on all stations...I just dumped the entire My Movies library...deleted all entries in my Collection Manager...deleted all xml or any other crap from all folders in my Videos share. Then I turned the My Movies Monitor back on. It created new fully populated entries for the half dozen movies I am testing.

Then I deleted all Video entries from MC and ran Auto Import against the Video share. MC imports NOTHING.

I can confirm that each one of the movies in the Video share has a complete and correct (but hidden) mymovies.xml file in the ROOT folder of each movie (NOT in the VIDEO_TS sub folder). Either this does not work - or I am missing something here...

Ideas?

VP

gappie

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2009, 11:25:37 am »

Then I deleted all Video entries from MC and ran Auto Import against the Video share. MC imports NOTHING.
and you have 'ignore previous deleted files' disabled in autoimport?

gab

Vocalpoint

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2009, 11:28:48 am »

and you have 'ignore previous deleted files' disabled in autoimport?

gab

Yes. I realized that after rechecking.

So I have complete data now on 5 titles but no cover art for 3 others and the folder.jpg file is right then like the other 5 that work. Ideas?

VP

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2009, 10:23:30 pm »

Could this also work with DVD Profiler?  http://www.invelos.com/

Regards,

David

Nope. I used DVDProfiler and loved it, but now also use MyMovies for MC interraction...

Vocalpoint

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2009, 10:04:08 am »

Just an update...after throwing a few switches in MC 14 - integration is now working perfectly. We are able to stream movies around to 3 PC's without a hitch.

Now - to think about that 4th "HTPC" so we can get this stuff up onto our plasma TVs......

Thanks for all the help!

Cheers!

VP
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up