INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging problem; renamed artist but still shows up twice under Artists  (Read 857 times)

dmastri

I purchased Media Center 14 last week on a recommendation and have been pretty happy with it.  Today I've been organizing my music and trying to fix tags so that artist names are consistent.  For example, I had Snoop Dogg entered two different ways:

Snoop Dogg for 3 of his albums
Snoop Doggy Dogg for 1 of his albums

I brought up the album where he was listed as Snoop Doggy Dogg, highlighted all the songs, and brought up the tagging tool.  With the tool, I changed the artist name to Snoop Dogg.  It changed on all of the songs on the screen, but did not eliminate Snoop Doggy Dogg from my artist list.  I thought it might be a refresh issue, so I tried closing out of the Artist section, but that didn't help.  Then I restarted the Media Center entirely, but I still have Snoop Dogg listed two different ways.  This is not the only artist where I'm having this problem, there's a handful of others being stubborn like this.  The strange part is for the majority I didn't have any issues with mass renaming/tagging.

User error or bug?

N0z1f

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Woo Hoo...
Re: Tagging problem; renamed artist but still shows up twice under Artists
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 12:49:50 pm »

There is an Album/Artist tag which needs to be changed as well
Pages: [1]   Go Up