INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes 9 and MC  (Read 1904 times)

wglong

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
iTunes 9 and MC
« on: September 12, 2009, 10:41:29 pm »

Still an issue?  If so, is it something that will ever be fixed?

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iTunes 9 and MC
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 07:31:30 pm »

I am using it for my Iphone (not Ipods) with 9 (and also 8) and haven't had a problem.  I try not to have them active simultaneously, but even when that happens, hasn't been a problem.

I think Jim's point is that Apple can change the situation and render MC not usable for syncing anytime they so choose.  He has warned us numerous times.  And I think he is saying that JRiver is no longer necessarily devoting resources to solving new problems that Apple creates.  Thus if you wish to minimize your issues, stay with 7 and don't update firmware.  That's my interpretation. 
John

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iTunes 9 and MC
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 06:29:51 pm »

I thought I would add to this a part of a thread on the main MC 14 board.

I've  noticed that the do not install itunes has been removed from the Media Center 14 Thread, does this mean itunes is now compabitable with Media center 14. That is can i install both itunes 9 and media center 14?

The situation has not changed.

If you install iTunes, eventually I think it will cause problems.  Apple has chosen to take control of their devices.  In my opinion, it is only a matter of time until they lock out all other software.

I wish it were otherwise.  If users let Apple know what they want, it might help.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up