INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GUI Bug  (Read 1456 times)

francisw19

• Recent member
GUI Bug
« on: September 13, 2009, 11:09:16 pm »

Hello,

I am demoing Media Center 14 (14.0.50) and have found a minor bug in the GUI.

If I have Media Center 14 minimized while playing audio, and then press the 'Stop' button on my keyboard, then un-minimize Media Center 14, the vertical separator between the album view and the media tree becomes transparent (see attached image).

I am using Windows 7 x64 (build 7100) and Media Center 14.0.50.  I have also tried 14.0.65 and the same issue still exists.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2315/mediacentre.jpg

ETA: Sorry for the title...I meant GUI bug.  I had GPU's on the mind.  :-[

jacky

• World Citizen
Re: GPU Bug
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:53:04 pm »

The RTM / Final Windows 7 is out now.  Might want to try that to see if any improves.

francisw19

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 09:08:14 am »

Thanks for the reply...I was thinking of moving to Build 7600.

Has anyone else experienced the same under Vista or WinXP?  If not, it may very well be Win7.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 10:14:11 am »

I've seen this from time to time too, but have never been able to reproduce it reliably.

Looking at the code, splitters are just simple windows that draw like all other pieces of the program.

If anyone has any tips for reproducing this, we might have a chance at getting to the bottom of the mystery.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

francisw19

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 10:22:04 am »

Hi Matt,

I can definitely reproduce this issue 100% of the time.  Pressing the 'Stop' button on my Logitech G15 keyboard will cause this.  Using the other buttons (i.e. Play/Pause, Fwd, Rev, etc...) has no effect.  And it's only when Media Center 14 is minimized to the task bar.

If I can think of anything else, I'll be sure to post.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: GUI Bug
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 11:53:58 am »

i can reproduce this on my windows 7 32 bit installation. not on xp. it looks like it only happens when the view is not playing now, but something in audio like the screenshot from francis.

:)
gab

edit: maybe i should add that the transparent splitter disapears when choosing an other view..

Edit II: dont know if its important, but it happens also to the horizontal splitter when using split views.

Last Edit: it does not happen when the screen is restored to maximized.

francisw19

• Recent member
Re: GUI Bug
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 11:38:45 pm »

Just a quick update...I tried the latest build 14.0.67 and this issue is fixed! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up