INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone have their MP3 encoder hang when processing 3-4 files at a time?  (Read 1039 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

Morning,

I have noticed an odd glitch when converting a "larger" number of files from FLAC to MP3 within 13.0.172. I use the included LAME encoder with the following custom command line from within the Encoder dialog : -V 2 --vbr-new

On an XP machine (This never occurred with Vista BTW)...if I select say three albums and choose Library Tools->Convert Format and in the MP3 dialog - I choose Options and under "Number of files to convert at the same time" say I choose 4 - the encoder will start to process and then freeze up (eventually taking MC with it) within about 5 seconds in.

If I keep reducing the number of files to convert to something like 2 and reduce the number of files to process like between 10-20 - it seems to work okay. As mentioned - on the identical hardware with Vista installed - I could add 500 files to the converter and select 4 at a time and it would blast thru them with no issue...now - I need to keep the file count to about 20-30 and convert 1 or 2 at a time without causing MC to completely seize up.

Anyone seen this before?

Cheers!

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up