INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help: Can't import .mpl playlist for some reason  (Read 1928 times)

jmilum

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Help: Can't import .mpl playlist for some reason
« on: September 15, 2009, 02:35:11 pm »

I have MC 13.0.172 on two computers

I simply want to export a MC playlist (images) from one computer and import it into another also running MC.  Sounds simple.

I export the playlist using .mpl and choose an output range of all and do NOT store paths relative to location.

Then I attempt to import into the other MC on the other computer. 

A little window pops up and says "updating library to match...." and runs though the number of files in the playlist.  Then I get a "imported 0 files" and "updated 1 external file" message.  The "in depth summary" shows that it is updating the .mpl file.  The playlist shows up under imported playlists but there is nothing in it. 

I opened up the file using Excel (not sure what the proper app would be) and there is certainly a lot of information in the file that looks pretty accurate to my untrained eye.

I also dried using m3u simple and extended.  This resulted in the same sort of errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jmilum

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Help: Can't import .mpl playlist for some reason
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 11:38:00 pm »

anyone?

MarkCoutinho

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:12:41 am »

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. I always have problems importing playlists. I do it from the Explorer (right click - MediaCenter - Import in library) and it doesn't appear in MC with that name. It just appears in the 'recently imported' folder, but not as a folder but as the items that belong to it.

So: how can I import a playlist in MC so that the playlist appears under its original name?
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:59:53 am »

jmilum,

MC doesn't import file data or list the files if the file paths inside the mpl playlist are not exactly correct. Could that be causing the problem?

The option you didn't use, "store relative paths", might actually help if only the drive letter or the base path is different.

MarkCoutinho,

The imported playlist should appear under the "Playlist > Imported Playlists >" tree branch. You could try the menu command "File > Import Playlist ..."
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up