INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: free music  (Read 546 times)

dave

• ceo
free music
« on: July 08, 2002, 11:45:48 am »

Is their a way to access a preview of whats free in the archives? I am new to all of this.I just want  one system that does it all.I previously had nero and had compatibility issues as well as general sluggishness with my computer.I will be buying a portable mp3 soon and just want to download in the traditional way. I already see that their is options to buy music, but can't find any thing related to free downloads in the features menu.I don't mind paying the $25 but whats offered with free files?

Thanx in advance

Dave

martin tillman

RE:free music
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 12:07:54 pm »

Well, mp3.com offers lots of free stuff.  No names, though, just people trying to make a name.

Then there's usenet.  Lots of newsgroups of people posting lots of files.  I'd guess you may not have heard of usenet, though.  Type 'usenet' into the search box at www.google.com, and be prepared for a fairly steep learning curve.

Then there's the peer-to-peer file sharing networks.  Try downloading WinMX from www.winmx.com.

These latter two pre-suppose that you don't have a problem with possible copyright infringement, or possibly committing theft, and don't subscribe to the RIAA's view of the world.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
RE:free music
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2002, 12:14:10 pm »

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure from where you had that impression, but MJ does not provide any free music (just like most of the other jukeboxes): it's a sw tools that allows you to play, organize, rip and much more.

The only "free" music that it provides is a global list of streaming radio (but now many are unfortunately closing)

It's still absolutely worth the 25$ to get the Plus version

Claudio
Pages: [1]   Go Up