INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: podcast download issue [solved]  (Read 1672 times)

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
podcast download issue [solved]
« on: September 17, 2009, 07:04:41 am »

Hey,

Am having an issue with podcast downloading. When I hit the download button it does not download, but just continues to say "0 %" in the status line, and in the lower left of the screen is says "completed" - all this happens in one or two seconds after I have pressed "download episode".

I can play the episode as a feed without any problems, but I need the download, to take with me on my ipod.

I have no problems downloading episodes on itunes, but I need to get them through MC as I dont want to switch program just because I cant get it to work with MC.

The strange thing is that on my laptop, I have same version on MC installed, and on that one it downloads just fine...

Can anyone point me in a good direction here - thanks :-)

Jesper.

Media Center 13.0.172 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
Intel Pentium III 2671 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 4194 MB, Free - 3019 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18813 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6001 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6001 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STBD-RE  GGW-H20L   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST BD-RE  GGW-H20L    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices: Flytbar disk (F:)

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: podcast download issue
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 07:20:37 am »

Hi Jesper.  Did you try a search to see if it has already been downloaded?  Maybe filed as data instead of audio?

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 07:25:10 am »

Hi Jim,
The file hasnt already been downloaded - so that is not the reason.

I should add this to the description:
After having been stuck some time, the status info changes into "failed" - so MC concludes thereby that it did not get the download, after 3 retries.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 07:36:13 am »

Solved! 
Checked in "options", and noticed that the location for the downloaded podcasts were set the to the d-drive..which is my dvd-bd burner...
So this is what happens when the location is set to the burner :-)

When I set another, existing location, it downloads just fine :-)

Jesper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up