INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only 200 out of 15,000 music choices showing up [solved with a restore]  (Read 1510 times)

rPOD

• nothing more to say...

Greetings,

My library is on a network drive (really a DAS so it's local but I always use M: (for music) on all my computers). Out of the blue, all of a sudden I had ~200 files instead of 15,000+ show up. I tried running (re-running) auto import but it quickly comes back with no additional files. I tried Import folder and my folder where most of my files are is still listed (I unchecked "Ignore files previously removed from libraries" option) and still nothing. Help!

I want to upgrade to v14 but want to work this out first. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Rob

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Only 200 out of 15,000 music choices showing up!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:10:44 pm »

Perhaps the drive is unavailable due to permissions or UAC silliness?

You could use Drives & Devices > My Computer to manually navigate to the files and see what they look like there.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rPOD

• nothing more to say...
Re: Only 200 out of 15,000 music choices showing up!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 05:49:49 pm »

Yeah, that's the first thing I looked at. Can get to the files (all 15k). Can switch to my alternate C:-based library and see them all. Weird.

Could be an index thing? Is there a way to re-import without totally wiping my library out?

Well, I went to that place that I didn't want to go but for a last resort and did a restore (didn't think I backed up in a long time but there was one from 2 days ago (you guys rock!)). It's all fine now. Thanks a bunch!

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up