INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vista Media Center Remote Control and MC  (Read 1270 times)

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
Vista Media Center Remote Control and MC
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:07:26 pm »

I use Vista Media Center for my DVR and DVD playback and MC for all my MP3 playback needs.  MC is constantly running in the background as I have it hooked up to a Russound system (using Carl Hyslop's cool CAV66 utility).

I recently upgraded to MC13 as shuffle was broken in MC12 and I've found that certain VMC remote buttons are being intercepted by JCMC even though I have "Media key mode" set to disabled, "Remote" turned off in the Features list, and MC minimized.

Is there anything else I can do to prevent MC from grabbing the remote button events?

Thanks.
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
Re: Vista Media Center Remote Control and MC
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 11:42:15 am »

Options->General->Behavior->Jump on Play (Video): None

That seems to have solved my problem.  MC seems to still try to mess with the DVD somewhat (I'd prefer if it just ignored everything that has to do with DVDs) but with this setting on "None" MC no longer starts playing back DVDs when I hit the menu button on my MCE remote (note that Vista Media Center is already playing back the DVD when I hit this button so having MC pop up a playback Window is rather obnoxious from a WAF point of view).
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."
Pages: [1]   Go Up