INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request "front & back"cover art display  (Read 5919 times)

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature request "front & back"cover art display
« on: September 24, 2009, 02:41:16 am »

Hi
It would be great to have the possibility to seen the back,front and eventually booklet covert art in a form of a slideshow maybe in the playing now view or in the 3d wall :)

dunno if this feature is already in mc14 but it seems to not because i only see an option for "folder.jpg" and no back front etc...

Thx

MrHaugen

Re: Feature request "front & back"cover art display
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 03:53:26 am »

I hope a more standardized way of using more pictures is introduced my self. Would be great to at least have front and back cover art. Looking at music in Theater View, and the cover turn to the back cover after a few seconds. The same behavior in Playing now and display view when Cover art is enabled. Could be a lot of uses here.
One thing I've always looked for is a way to tell MC to always use all images in the album directory of the track, to display slideshow while listening. Seems like doable thing to add. Could be added as a simple Option for Display View under Playback perhaps?

A slideshow can be used today. Not 100% sure how, but I think it involves making playlists or views that contain both album tracks and the images for those albums. It will be shown as slideshows in Playing Now while the music is played. Someone else might be able to tell you exactly how.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 05:07:19 am »

Someone else might be able to tell you exactly how.

I wonder who that could be?  :)

Sorry, I am a bit busy now, but I have described the system several times. I have gathered many of my cover art and image slideshow related links in the following replies:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51538.msg351851#msg351851
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51538.msg351858#msg351858

The idea of an automatic slideshow feature is good and it isn't new. There used to be some third party plugins/visualizations that attempted to create a cover art slideshow, but in my opinion none of them worked as well as the built-in "manual" slide show works. Possibly the old plugins would not even work anymore with MC14.

A feature request to JRiver:

A new display visualization called "auto slideshow" for audio files.

It would have exactly the same control features as the current slideshow (transition effects, timing, play/pause/next/previous, zoom, etc) and also:

It would populate the slideshow automatically when a new track starts playing. It would have a few options for the possible image locations, for instance:

- a tickbox for "audio file's folder" and a sub-option "include all subfolders"

- a tickbox for "include defined relative subfolders" and a box where the paths can be added, e.g: .\art;.\covers   (a certain character, like semicolon, could work as a separator)

- a tickbox for "full paths" and a box where the paths can be added, e.g. D:\images\my new vacation pictures\first set\;E:\images\my new vacation pictures\second set

- an option for "don't refresh the image list before playback is stopped and restarted". This option would make possible to keep the first gathered and started slideshow running during the complete audio playlist.

The image playlist should be sorted alphabetically by default, but possibly also the sort order could be adjustable.

The options should be available before any files are played so that it would be possible to preconfigure the visualization.

It should not be limited to the jpg format. Maybe only raw images should be excluded because probably decoding them would be too slow.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

kurushi

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:46:09 am »

Thx all for u're answers
thx Alex B for the 2 links (ugh many links on the cover art stuff)
I was already seen the post on tagging differently but i am not so good in MC14 :) and i am french so that's why i request an easy way to add front back etc...in MC14 options.
In fact you're post resume all i want and more that i could be want :=)
I hope too JRiver listen us.

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 04:05:32 am »

Good ideas Alex. A Auto slideshow feature for audio with multiple pictures would be great.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Simon Chick

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 12:35:15 am »

Any idea when this might be actioned?

I've migrated from the mysterious 'another program', and have many albums with back cover, leaflet scans etc. also in the album folder, along with folder.jpg for the front cover art.

It is frustrating not having practical access to the other images while playing the album, or selecting in Theatre View
NAS > noiseless PC > Ayre QB-9 USB DAC > Ayre KX-R pre-amp > Ayre MX-R monoblocs > Dynaudio Confidence C4 Signatures
Chord Sarum interconnects and speaker cables
Missing Link Opus, MCRU Ultimate and Transparent Reference Powerlink power cables
PS Audio P10 Power Plant. Sonority isolation platforms.

kurushi

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 01:06:52 pm »

Bump for this one the feature would be excellent in coverview.

Vectra

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 05:56:07 pm »

Any idea when this might be actioned?

I've migrated from the mysterious 'another program', and have many albums with back cover, leaflet scans etc. also in the album folder, along with folder.jpg for the front cover art.

It is frustrating not having practical access to the other images while playing the album, or selecting in Theatre View

I too am very interested in viewing the back cover (and more).  The Foobar feature of clicking on the image and selecting different images is awesome and I would love to do that in my beloved JRiver.  I assume eventually this will be available...if not now....any update would be appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up