INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Feature Requests  (Read 1271 times)

Oogi

• World Citizen
2 Feature Requests
« on: September 28, 2009, 12:45:42 pm »

Hello.

1. 'Import images using MC' for the AutoPlay of Windows. So when I connect my camera, MC will automatically download the (new) photos to a folder (with a rule, as with the current feature of Acquire Images...).

2. I would like to have an option so I can select Tags that after downloading images, I'll be asked to fill them. For example the tags Country, Album and Places, I'll check both of them, and whenever acquiring images is done, I'll have a pop up window with these 3 tags, for me to fill.

Thanks,

Uri.
Thanks

Uri

tonse

• Recent member
Re: 2 Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 03:02:42 pm »

Well certainly option two is interesting. It brings up one problem. The IPTC tags city, country, state are combined in one library field named Places. This allways seemed a bit unlogic to me. On a HTPC i want to know where a certain picture was made. All they other stuff is not so interesting. So why doesn't MC fully support the IPTC tags and have seperate Library fields for them? That way i could make great views. First select a country, than a state en than a city.

Ton

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: 2 Feature Requests
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 07:16:31 am »

2. I would like to have an option so I can select Tags that after downloading images, I'll be asked to fill them. For example the tags Country, Album and Places, I'll check both of them, and whenever acquiring images is done, I'll have a pop up window with these 3 tags, for me to fill.
If I understand what you're looking for, you can do something pretty close to it with confishy's autotagger plugin (available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51193.0). I haven't actually gotten around to getting the plugin setup, so I can't help you much more with it at this point, but it appears to be a useful tool.

Upon a quick second read, I don't think that's actually what you're looking for. (I leave the above there in case it was though...)
I would make a 'panes and details' view scheme for new images that are missing any one of the tags you mentioned. Then you can use Country/Album/Places as your panes in the view scheme for quick and easy tagging. You won't be prompted, but you'll know right where to find it every time. Post back if you need help making a view scheme.

I'm surprised that there isn't already an autoplay association for MC within Windows. It might just be something that they've overlooked.

-JB
Pages: [1]   Go Up