INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winamp Plugin Won't Install  (Read 2972 times)

TWhite

• Recent member
Winamp Plugin Won't Install
« on: October 04, 2009, 12:52:55 pm »

I upgraded to MC 14 just to see if I can get some help with a Winamp plug-in problem.

I am trying to install the Chronotron Pro plug-in to change tempo (http://www.chronotron.com/content.php?page=productspro).  So far, when I add the DLL file, nothing happens.

Below in italic font are two email replies from the designer:

Chronotron Pro is designed to be hosted on WMP, Winamp and DirectX host applications (MC supports DX plug-ins via their "DirectX Host" plug-in).
I think MC also supports Winamp plug-ins, so in principle it should be possible to get Chronotron Pro to work by copying its DLL (dsp_chronpro.dll) to MC's plug-ins directory. I will give this a try and let you know the results.

I checked the MC SDK and it seems that their plug-ins are no longer compatible with Winamp. I will add native MC support to my TODO list for the next releases, but it may take a long time before the feature goes through.

Can anyone at MC shed some light on why this Winamp plug-in will not work with MC?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Winamp Plugin Won't Install
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 01:13:35 pm »

No, but MC14 has a temp and pitch plug-in that is part of DSP Studio.  See options for playback.  Maybe that would work.

TWhite

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:52:47 am »

Jim, thanks for the reply.

The native tempo and pitch DSP has some quality issues.  The playback fades in and out from the left to right speakers and becomes muddy.  Hence, I'm trying to find a good plug-in.  I really need this feature to DJ, so I'm a little bummed the plug-in won't work.  I'm still a fan - I love MC - great program.

Tom  

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 09:08:33 am »

MC 14 has native DirectX DSP support.  In DSP Studio, click Add Plug-in and select the Chronotron DirectX DSP.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 11:31:40 am »

Possibility: Maybe the plug-in is hard-coded to be in a certain location. I use a different "Winamp" plug-in and could never get it to work unless I figured out where it would be installed in Winamp. Then I created that exact path and put the plug-in files there. Then I installed it in MC, navigating to tell MC to use the plug-in at the Winamp location. It worked. Maybe unnecessary, but I've found that developers focused on Winamp sometimes don't give any thought to other players or configuration.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

TWhite

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 12:20:57 pm »

Thanks, Matt.  I found it under DirectX DSP tab... duhh...  It's working now

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up