INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Delete-> Remove from playlist option  (Read 1071 times)

eba

• Galactic Citizen
Feature Request: Delete-> Remove from playlist option
« on: September 30, 2009, 01:38:13 pm »

I know that this is something that has been touched on before - MC's playing now system, while generally really useful and much better in my opinion than iTunes and others' system of directly playing playlists, can make pruning a playlist (particularly of images) somewhat difficult.

Just thinking that a fairly simple solution (I would have thought) would be, any time you press delete, to have a 4th option.

i.e.

- Remove from Media Library
- Remove from Media Library and send to the recycle bin
- Remove from Media Library and permanently delete from disk
- Remove from playlist: <dropdown of relevant playlists>

It would be nice if it intelligently selected, say, the most recently played playlist, but not that important as I'd have thought that more often than not when doing this the file would only be in one playlist anyway.

keither

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Request: Delete-> Remove from playlist option
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 11:37:15 am »

Can't you do this from the tags?

Hit Alt-Enter on the file, and go down to the playlists field.  You can select/unselect what playlists you want the file in directly.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 12:43:02 pm »

Well, yes, but it's slow and fiddly and you have to exit display view first.

The point was to have a way to remove from the currently playing playlist as easy as you can with 'direct playlist players'.

Sauzee

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 09:50:54 am »

I know that this is something that has been touched on before - MC's playing now system, while generally really useful and much better in my opinion than iTunes and others' system of directly playing playlists, can make pruning a playlist (particularly of images) somewhat difficult.

Just thinking that a fairly simple solution (I would have thought) would be, any time you press delete, to have a 4th option.

i.e.

- Remove from Media Library
- Remove from Media Library and send to the recycle bin
- Remove from Media Library and permanently delete from disk
- Remove from playlist: <dropdown of relevant playlists>

It would be nice if it intelligently selected, say, the most recently played playlist, but not that important as I'd have thought that more often than not when doing this the file would only be in one playlist anyway.

I think that's aa great idea and would also love to see it implemented. The current way of doing it using the action window and then opening the playlists window is clunky.

The main use for me is in removing files from the recently imported playlist once i've finished tagging them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up