INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: remote command  (Read 967 times)

mark5d4

• Recent member
remote command
« on: October 04, 2009, 05:09:26 pm »

In the remote command "code learning" menu, there are 2 commands for which you can learn an IR signal.  They are "next playlist" and "previous playlist".  No matter what IR signal I put there, they do not perform their respective function...Is this a glitch or am I not understanding what those should really do?

I am assuming that NEXT PLAYLIST would automatically start playing the next playlist down the menu, and PREVIOUS PLAYLIST would play the playlist above the current one.

Any thoughts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: remote command
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 05:32:58 pm »

The learning process has two steps.

1.  You use one of your other remotes to "teach" MC an IR command.  The remote needs to be about 2 inches away.

2.  You assign this to a button on the Media Center Remote.

What is confusing is that what you see first is step #2.  You need to use add or edit before you'll see step #1.  Sorry about this.

mark5d4

• Recent member
Re: remote command
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 01:06:59 pm »

Thanks for the response, Jim.

I understand the basics of how that works...I am using a different universal remote with codes borrowed from an old VCR remote.  Works great for play, pause, next track, previous track, stop, etc.

Its just those 2 (next playlist, previous playlist) that don't work.  Next playlist plays one of the playlists and always that one, no matter how many times I press the button.  Previous Playlist plays a different playlist but always only that one.

MD
Pages: [1]   Go Up