INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video editing software needed  (Read 1635 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
video editing software needed
« on: October 07, 2009, 02:00:17 pm »

I need to upgrade my old version (2 versions ago) of Adobe Premiere Elements so I can then import them into MC. My problem is I don't know what to get. Two new versions are coming out:
adobe premiere elements 8 available on oct. 23
pinnacle studio 14 on oct. 15

I very first started with Pinnacle but it was so buggy and switched to Premiere Elements and for the most part was happy, but things may have changed with Studio by now. Adobe has a rebate that ends on the 31st. Figure that, an 8 day rebate that the rebate form says if you purchase from Sept. to Oct. 31 even though you can't get it until later. Anyways, I digress.

Any suggestions by users or other sites where they might have reviews, discussion, etc. other than the company's forums? I already looked there and did a web search with no luck.
Jeff

dcwebman

Re: video editing software needed
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:08:18 am »

bump. Nobody is editing any videos, just ripping things into MC? Or perhaps you have access to more expensive video editing programs?
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 07:53:10 am »

I've been using Sony Vegas 8, but only because it was the only thing I could get my hands on tha would support the avchd format that my camera uses. I recently got my hands on a copy of Pinnacle (I think it's 12), so I'll probably give that a try, but I haven't had the chance yet.

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 06:49:51 am »

I did find a video-related forum elsewhere and posed the question. Got one decent reply that pretty much summed up to stick with Adobe.
Jeff

Grumpy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 03:21:06 pm »

I've used Vegas, Adobe Primere and several others for the job.  But for my home use I have found a app that is hard to beat for it's simple yet quick use.  Try this: http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm

It has a stream fix tool that I use after ripping with AnyDVD.  You can select the audio stream or any other feature set you want.  It can import several containers and output to mpg/mpg2.

Have fun.   

Did I mention that it is fast frame by frame copy??
18Tb Media Server, MC14. 1800+ movies and growing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up