INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view and podcasts  (Read 1419 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Theater view and podcasts
« on: October 05, 2009, 05:36:34 am »

Is it possible to view podcast in Theater view in MC?

I have a video podcast that I have added to MC and I can watch it in Standard mode. But as it’s a video pod I would rather like to watch it in my living room-PC in Theater mode.

Gratefull for any help

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Theater view and podcasts
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 03:43:50 pm »

It should show up under a video view in Theater View. You can create a specific view to only include video podcasts.
Go to options>Theater View and click on Add... underneath "Items to Show". Select Library Item. Name it Video Podcasts. Click on "set rules for file display..." at the bottom right. Click Import/Export at the bottom of this dialog. Paste in the following:
[Media Sub Type]=[Podcast] [Media Type]=[Video] ~sort=[Date]-d
Press OK, leave the options and go to Theater View. You should now be able to navigate to your video podcasts view to watch it. This is the setup that I use, but you could certainly use a similar concept and configure it completely differently if you wish.
Hope this helps,
-JB

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 04:41:07 am »

Thanks a lot JB! That helped a lot and it looks great.

By the way, do you know where I can learn more about these commands like [Media Sub Type]=[Podcast]? I understand you can do a lot of things in MC by using them.

Thanks again.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 05:18:07 am »

By the way, do you know where I can learn more about these commands like [Media Sub Type]=[Podcast]? I understand you can do a lot of things in MC by using them.
Wiki Info Here:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Smartlist_and_Search_-_Rules_and_Modifiers
(This list is pretty close to up-to-date.

You certainly can do a lot with them. For me, I've found the best way to learn is to use the searches a bunch to get an idea of what they can do, and then whenever I come up with a random way I'd like to filter my files...try to figure out how to do it. The 'search wizard' in the upper right-hand search bar is a great place to try things out, without much fuss. Then I come and ask here when I get stumped. There are some forum members here (much more knowledgeable than myself)/i]) that can do things with searches that will just plain impress you with their ingenuity and grasp of the tool set.

Once you've got a good grasp on the basics of search strings you can also begin to use elements of the 'expression language' too. I'm only beginning to tap this can myself.

Cheers,
JB
Pages: [1]   Go Up