INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Burn DVD  (Read 2362 times)

jagdriver

• World Citizen
Can't Burn DVD
« on: October 08, 2009, 12:33:39 pm »

I've been using MC12 to burn a series of MP3 DVDs. I cancelled the last burn part-way through, however, recognizing too late that i had an error in the accompanying M3U playlist file.

I've rebooted my PC, inserted a new blank DVD and am trying to get underway again. MC12 lets me enter a DVD volume name in the little Burn Disc window, but then becomes wholly unresponsive when I click [Next >]. Is there a cache or a ~TMP file I need to get rid of or something?

EDIT: OK, if I wait long enough, MC12 does present the Drop Files Here window. I have dropped the files from Windows Explorer, but now am W-A-I-T-I-N-G for MC12 to realize that I've taken this action. Obviously I'm dealing with an unusual latency issue here that I've not encountered before, and have no idea how to correct the problem.

EDIT: Minutes later... nothing's happening yet....

EDIT: Still later. The dropped files disappeared, my PC is completely hung.

jagdriver

• World Citizen
Re: Can't Burn DVD
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 05:00:13 pm »

In Windows Vista, is there perhaps a cache I need to flush?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 05:05:43 pm »

Not that I know of, but MC12 predates Vista.  You might consider trying MC14.

jagdriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 05:12:42 pm »

But the problem is taht I started to burn the DVD with MC12 on Vista, then cancelled part-way through. Now my Vista OS is borked (slow), as if the files to be burned are in some limbo cache somewhere.

I'm hesitant to simply install MC14 over MC12, thinking that that's going to be the magic cure for this.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 05:28:52 pm »

I don't know what your Windows problem is, unless your disk is in PIO mode now (try google), but MC12 should probably not be used on Vista.

I'm not suggesting that MC14 is a magic cure.  But it might be worth a try (as in free 30 day trial).
Pages: [1]   Go Up