INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag editor - direct switch to next song  (Read 1002 times)

nau2000

Tag editor - direct switch to next song
« on: October 10, 2009, 06:05:59 am »

I have been using MC/MJB for years and have a question regarding editing tags in the tag editor:

Editing eg. song titles in version 12 it was possible to switch directly to the next song (selecting the same tag-field) by pressing the "page-down" or "page-up" buttons on the keyboard. In version 14 this doesn´t work any more so that you always have to click with the mouse on the next song title to edit something.

Is there any work-around or possibility to have it lik in version 12?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Tag editor - direct switch to next song
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 06:40:07 am »

You are correct. In Action Window > Tag it used to be possible to do what you described, but not anymore. JRiver has changed certain program parts from Windows specific code to their own code and not everything in the UI works as before. The old behavior was nicer. Now you must first select the next file and after that click the desired field again in order to open it for editing.

As a workaround, you could try tagging directly in the list view. In there you can use the up and down arrows for moving in the file list while the field in the focused column stays open for editing.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

nau2000

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 07:28:57 am »

Thank you for your quick response!
This work-around helps.

Cheers!

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 07:10:22 am »

I'm pretty sure I brought that up in MC13 and it was fixed. Appears to have gone back to the wrong way.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up