INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback problem with OGG [solved]  (Read 1002 times)

albertbidon

Playback problem with OGG [solved]
« on: October 10, 2009, 03:31:07 am »

hello,

Since i have installed the version 14.0.79 and now the 14.0.81, i can not listen music correctly. The files are in format ogg, and when I listen the sound is not regular and some extract are repeated two times, every some seconds.

I have a soundblaster audigy, and I use the plugin SRS. I work under windows xp sp3.

Thus I have re-installed the 14.0.71 and it is good.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Playback problem with OGG
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 07:27:30 am »

Since i have installed the version 14.0.79 and now the 14.0.81, i can not listen music correctly. The files are in format ogg, and when I listen the sound is not regular and some extract are repeated two times, every some seconds.

I can't reproduce this. As far as I can see standard Ogg Vorbis files are decoded normally. By standard I mean files that are encoded from ripped standard CD Audio tracks (stereo, 44.1 kHz). Are your files somehow special?

What happens at the output stage shouldn't be depended on the file format after the file is decoded.

Have you tried any other file format? Have you tried changing the Output Mode settings in Playback Options?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

albertbidon

Playback problem with OGG
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 08:06:55 am »

hello,

Thanks for your reply.

It was a problem of playback option: I was in direct sound, and when I pass in wave out, that works well.

Greetings.

Pages: [1]   Go Up