INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Loses Display Format When Switching Monitors  (Read 733 times)

mes374

Theater View Loses Display Format When Switching Monitors
« on: October 10, 2009, 09:54:05 pm »

Good Evening,

I've run across a problem when using Theater View.

My setup consists of,

Media Center 14.0.81,
Windows 7 Ultimate
Nvidia GeForce 7100 Display Adapter (built in to the mother board)
Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H with HDMI Output.
I am using the latest video driver for the GeForce.

Presently, my system has two monitors, a 5" LCD built into the MC case, and a Panasonic projector connected to the HDMI output.

When the projector is off, Windows 7 directs the video output to the 5" LCD screen. When it's turned on, Windows 7 switches to the HDMI output and the projector.  All of this is fine and I like the disabling of the 5" LCD screen while the projector is on.

My problem is that MC14 when in Theater View, does not reformat it's display output properly when switched from one output to another. It's not just a change resolution issue, but a folded display similar to a CRT monitor running at a higher refresh frequency that it's designed for.

Additionally, the Theater display remains out of sync when witched back to the first monitor it was first launched on.

It makes no difference which monitor MC started Theater view on, when switched to the other, it becomes out of sync.

Interestingly enough, if I log onto the MC remotely using UltraVNC for remote control, the display switchs back and forth and Theater View displays properly on each monitor when switched.

Last bit of info, Windows 7 Media Center handles the transition of one monitor to another without issue.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks...

-Mark-
Pages: [1]   Go Up