INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Messed up my DVD playback  (Read 1349 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Messed up my DVD playback
« on: October 12, 2009, 02:25:24 am »

I installed CCCP on Windows 7 the other day, and almost everything did play after the setup. The 1080P content tended to skip a bit to much, so I installed CoreAVC. Surprisingly enough, the DVD's also skipped at times. So I installed Dscaler5 and chose that as decoder as well as a different renderer etc (I right clicked on the movie and entered filter settings). And it crashed!

Every time I play a DVD movie it crashes. I'm only using images from disk (img, iso and etc).
I've tried to enter the Options - File Types but there is several choices for DVD and images. Both under Video, Data and others. I've tried to change back the settings to the default Automatic Source filters, but it still crash before I can even right click the playing video. I'm wondering if I'm changing the setting in the right places, or if the Automatic selection still choose the previously selected Dscaler and Renderer when I hit automatic?

If I do this manually, what is the safest filter/decoder and renderer to use? And what IS the correct DVD disk type under File Types?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Messed up my DVD playback
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:09:30 am »

Sorry about the confusion.  DVD options are still under Tools > Options > Playback > Video > DVD playback settings... 

Windows 7 should come with Microsoft DTV/DVD Decoder which is the best to use for DVDs.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 10:03:07 am »

So, THAT one is still there? :) I should be able to fix it right away then. Thanks.

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 05:17:54 am »

It worked as expected. VRM9 Renderless mode was the problem. Is this a W7 thing? Worked in XP....

I'm still a bit confused as to why all the DVD stuff is under File types though. So what is the DVD options under file types really for? It's only meant as a way of playing the content in another program, but we're still able to select the decoders/filters and renderer there? They have no effect? Maybe the DirectShow playback options could be removed from DVD options to prevent more confusion? Just a thought.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:04:24 am »

It worked as expected. VRM9 Renderless mode was the problem. Is this a W7 thing? Worked in XP....

Could be W7, but could also be the renderer itself.  VMR9 Renderless Mode has not been well developed.  It only works on some systems.

I'm still a bit confused as to why all the DVD stuff is under File types though. So what is the DVD options under file types really for? It's only meant as a way of playing the content in another program, but we're still able to select the decoders/filters and renderer there? They have no effect? Maybe the DirectShow playback options could be removed from DVD options to prevent more confusion? Just a thought.

That is my half-baked pie.  I intended to either make it work in both places, or remove the options from Playback settings after the settings in File Types are hooked up properly.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 02:59:11 am »

That is my half-baked pie.  I intended to either make it work in both places, or remove the options from Playback settings after the settings in File Types are hooked up properly.

It's bound to be someone else falling into this trap as well :) Good to know it's on the to-do-list
Pages: [1]   Go Up