INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: web integration complaint !!!  (Read 908 times)

bigcheez

web integration complaint !!!
« on: July 07, 2002, 03:03:09 am »

I originally purchased mj 7.2 because it could play all types of streams.  I recently upgraded to mj 8.  Now the radio stations are listed and stored through web pages on music exchange site.  This is kind of a cool idea that there is a global user database.  But ... the minute these pages cannot be opened for some unexplained network problem or graphics get added to these pages and slow them down ... I tell my friends to avoid mediajukebox like the plague!!!

sekim

RE:web integration complaint !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2002, 04:02:59 am »

Got anything else you want to add? The world ain't perfect, and neither is MJ. Blasting away on this board is only going to get you edited. If you have a complaint, post it, and see if anyone can resolve your problem.

Listening to: 'Nice to Know You' from 'Morning View' by 'Incubus' on Media Jukebox

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2002, 04:14:49 am »

The change was made so that stations could be added and deleted more easily.  Sorry if it has a downside for you.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

bigcheez

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2002, 04:22:27 am »

Yes I do have somethings to add.  The install of mj 8 said that it had found a previous version and would uninstall that version without changing any settings.  Well ... low and behold ... ALL MY SAVED RADIO STATIONS ARE GONE.  Also, the first station I added (again) did not show up on my stations list because I did not have cookies enabled for the musicex site.  I do not accept cookies from just anyone and have since enabled cookies from musicex.  Now when I try to add the station again it tells me that the station already exists but may not be available for three business days.  What ... I cant mark a station on my own computer for later listening?  I know the world is not perfect and I do not expect mediajukebox to be either.  But a product that I payed my hard earned money for should if anything improve and not take a step backwards.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2002, 06:07:56 am »

Remember that you can also open the streaming file address from File and then import it in you library, so you can treat the radio as any other music file in your library

Claudio

bigcheez

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2002, 08:37:56 pm »

Excellent suggestion ... I didnt even think of tryin that.  Thanx claudio!
Pages: [1]   Go Up