INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tip: If your Tile spacing gets wonky  (Read 730 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Tip: If your Tile spacing gets wonky
« on: October 14, 2009, 09:14:22 am »

I like my Tiles tight, like my sandwiches, and recently upon testing out some changes my Tile spacing was building with esoteric cover art dimensions as the determining factor of the spacing.

In other words, things got real spread out, and you can't fix this in the spacing options because they read 0; but I was able to tweak things back to normal by basically rebuilding the scheme:

1. Creating a new default album thumbnail scheme.
2. Avoid changing the re-ordering of the scheme; I noticed twice that this caused Tiles to be built strangely again (but did end up achieving setting one scheme as Top).
3. If things keep getting wonky, you can try to remove the the Modify Results in the scheme advanced rules.
4. Or, try to pull out you affected scheme if it is a sub-scheme and make it it's own view scheme (seems like parent settings though often desirable caused this problem for me).
5. I also segregated my library a bit more than I used to - instead of sub-schemes, I have pulled out anything non-music (e.g. spoken word, books, oration) into a unique scheme whereas it used to be a sub-scheme of audio. I disabled Audio as tree-selectable and Music is my first scheme which is auto-selected upon Audio selection. Seems getting some of the tall audiobook cover art may have helped to if the sorting/thumb-building was pulling from parent (Audio).

Pages: [1]   Go Up