INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB_UIRT Remote control setup error  (Read 1533 times)

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
USB_UIRT Remote control setup error
« on: November 08, 2009, 04:18:28 am »

Using MC 14.0.90 on Windows 7 64-bit machine

I'm trying to set up a USB_UIRT remote control receiver. I have used this with MC on an XP box for many years and am now upgrading the OS to windows 7.

I do not have a Microsoft MCE remote attached to the machine. I don't see any need to purchase one since MC has been working fine with USB_UIRT.

When I go to Tools/Options/Remote Control, MC gives me the remote control setup screen. I click on Devices & Options. For selected input devices, I uncheck Microsoft MCE box and check USB-UUIRT (is this spelled correctly?) box. Then I go back to the Remote Control Setup screen and click next.

MC gives me the error message, "You don't appear to have a media center receiver connected to your computer. Please connect it and try again." But I want to use the USB_UIRT receiver, not the media center receiver. It is connect to the machine.

How do I get past this error message?

Also, do I need to install the USB-UIRT plug-in? It doesn't look like there is a Windows 7 64-bit compatible version available on the J River website.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: USB_UIRT Remote control setup error
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 07:21:04 am »

Using MC 14.0.90 on Windows 7 64-bit machine

I'm trying to set up a USB_UIRT remote control receiver. I have used this with MC on an XP box for many years and am now upgrading the OS to windows 7.

I do not have a Microsoft MCE remote attached to the machine. I don't see any need to purchase one since MC has been working fine with USB_UIRT.

When I go to Tools/Options/Remote Control, MC gives me the remote control setup screen. I click on Devices & Options. For selected input devices, I uncheck Microsoft MCE box and check USB-UUIRT (is this spelled correctly?) box. Then I go back to the Remote Control Setup screen and click next.

MC gives me the error message, "You don't appear to have a media center receiver connected to your computer. Please connect it and try again." But I want to use the USB_UIRT receiver, not the media center receiver. It is connect to the machine.

How do I get past this error message?

Also, do I need to install the USB-UIRT plug-in? It doesn't look like there is a Windows 7 64-bit compatible version available on the J River website.
We're trying to standardize our remote control support.  Our support for USB-UIRT may not work.  I'm not sure.  But the problem you're having is similar to one a couple people have had recently.  Check the Media Center Remote thread near the top of the MC14 board.  I believe it was solved by a reboot or a reinstall.  Yours may not.

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 10:49:27 am »

The simple answer is, "Don't Click Next".  After you have selected the USB-UUIRT in "Devices & Options", Click "Back", then click on "Commands" and learn your commands as usual. I'm guessing that whatever happens after clicking "Next" must be specific to the MC remote package.

I'm still running the x64 RC and I don't have any remote plugins loaded...

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 11:01:11 am »

That worked. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up