INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rockbox sync for flec files  (Read 1864 times)

farmboybob

• Recent member
rockbox sync for flec files
« on: October 25, 2009, 02:11:23 pm »

Hi there,

I have begun using rockbox on my ipod.  I am unable to sync to mc 14  that allows transfer of flac to the hand held.  I believe it is recognizing the player as ipod so thus converts to mp3 on syncing. Is there a way to transfer  my flac encoded music music to the rockbox using mc 14 and not getting conversion?

Robert

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: rockbox sync for flec files
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 02:15:44 pm »

In the options for the handheld, check what you have for conversion settings.

farmboybob

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 02:38:56 pm »

I have checked  "never convert" and thus it says None of the tracks can be transferred , common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types.  If I choose convert unsupported formats then it converts to mp3 (As I would have done on the true ipod)

Thanks for responding

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 03:19:43 pm »

If you go into options for your handheld, (which must be connected first), and expand the "Files and Paths" section, you should find that the last entry there allows you to specify the supported file types for the device. Try adding flac there and you should be sorted.

-marko.

farmboybob

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 03:35:32 pm »

Thank you.  I had to first "add" the device as no files or paths showed on the hand held menu but now it is working great.  I had been trying to fix it for the last 3 weeks so once again,  THANKS!

Robert

farmboybob

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 04:02:32 pm »

Marko,

Now it recognizes file type Flac but not the Wav files.  I can't seem to figure multiple types under supported types.  Do you use  a , a ; etc to separate the file types ?

Sorry for being not so bright about this.

Robert

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 04:34:26 pm »

I think it's a ; character, but no harm in trying both.

You can also use notepad to edit the entry for your device here:

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Data\Default Resources\PDT.xml

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 01:57:26 am »

You can also use notepad to edit the entry for your device here:

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Data\Default Resources\PDT.xml

That was going to be my initial response, but, when I checked my copy of that file, the only ipod reference I could find was all on its own at the end of the file, and it went like so:
Code: [Select]
  <!-- **************************************************************************************
Type 3 (iPod)
*************************************************************************************** -->
  <Device>
    <Type>3</Type>
    <Vendor>Apple</Vendor>
    <Name>iPod</Name>
    <DeviceID>apple_computer__inc.&amp;ipod</DeviceID>
    <PlaylistBasePath>ROOT</PlaylistBasePath>
    <EXAMPLE_iPodProductIDs>PROD_ID:MOD_NO:??:TYPE:DESC,SN:MOD_NO:??:TYPE:DESC,MOD_NO:??:??:TYPE:DESC</EXAMPLE_iPodProductIDs>
  </Device>
As its entries were so very different from all the others, and in a seperate block by itself, I was wary of how MC was using this info to differentiate between all the different ipods out there.
If a "supported filetypes" <SupportedFileTypes>mp3;m4a</SupportedFileTypes> entry would work when added to the ipod block, would it affect all ipods connected to that system? I got the distinct feeling it would and so shied away from that course of action.

farmboybob, if you only ever connect the one ipod and fancy trying this option, and it works, your edited file will be replaced by the default one next time you install any version of Media Center. To preserve your customisations, create a new folder in \Data\ called "Custom Resources" and save your edited PDT.xml file in there instead. MC will then alway use your custom file so long as it exists in your custom folder.

-marko.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 06:54:34 am »

That was going to be my initial response, but, when I checked my copy of that file, the only ipod reference I could find was all on its own at the end of the file, and it went like so:
You can add a new entry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up