INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I prevent MC from re-doing a whole sync to my handheld in a new library?  (Read 1003 times)

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!

Hi

I have done a sync of 25,000 odd files from MC14 to my handheld, converting to mp3 in the process, and now need to transfer my MC Library to a new computer.  In this new library I have re-imported the same tracks that were in the previous library, and then added my handheld again, and MC checks the sync, and wants to resync everything, a 2 day job i'd rather avoid.  so, my question is, is there a way of getting MC to recognise that a full sync has been done and that the current tracks on the handheld are the up to date ones?

Would backing up the old library, which i still have access to, and then restoring it on the new computer help?

thanks

nick

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!

Would backing up the old library, which i still have access to, and then restoring it on the new computer help?

well, i tried it and it didn't help.  i am now wondering what criteria MC uses to check if the tracks on the handheld already exist or need to be re-synced.  i am aware of the 'resync if date modified has changed' option, which i do have checked, but the date modifed hasn't changed and yet MC wants to resync all files, so there must be other criteria MC is using as well to check which tracks need to be synced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up