INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I watch a tv tuner card using library server?  (Read 1498 times)

chirpp

• World Citizen
Can I watch a tv tuner card using library server?
« on: October 15, 2009, 06:13:35 pm »

It may be a silly question or one asked before, but I am not finding it. I have a tuner card working on a computer.  I made that computer a library server. Now on my other computer, i can access that library server.  I cannot however watch the tv from that server. Is it possible?  if so, any directions on doing it? I loaded my Pinnacle drivers on my client pc just in case it needed that, but no access.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can I watch a tv tuner card using library server?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 06:26:31 pm »

I don't think you can watch a channel live, but you can record and watch the recordings via Library Server.

A second tuner is probably the best bet.  We have a USB stick tuner for $42 + $5 shipping that would work.  Send me an email if you want to order one.  jimh at jriver.

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 06:50:03 pm »

I may consider that. I was just trying to not get a tuner and coax at each pc (dining area, kids room, bedroom, whatever) and still allow some tv broadcast.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:53:54 pm »

The best experience, in my opinion, is to set MC to record TV, then watch at any time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up