INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.81 -- Available Here  (Read 4778 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.81 -- Available Here
« on: October 09, 2009, 02:15:32 pm »

This is a stable version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140081.exe

14.0.81 (10/08/2009)

1. NEW: Uncompressed AIFF audio (*.aif, *.aiff, *.aifc) files can be played natively in "JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in)".
2. Changed: Skinning engine supports 'Indent' rectangle for search and edit boxes for better control over text position in the box.
3. Changed: Improved saving mechanism and messaging for the image editor.
4. Fixed: 32-bit uncompressed WAVE file could not be played in "JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in)".
5. Changed: 12-bit uncompressed WAVE file, previously routed to DirectShow when user selected "Automatic" playback method, is now routed to WAVE plug-in.
6. Changed: Image editing can be invoked without entering the image preview mode.
7. Changed: Standardized the image tools right-click menu to be more consistent between the file list and image preview modes.
8. Fixed: Some stock Mini View skins weren't showing text properly.
9. Changed: Mini View skin parser accepts rectangles entered in reverse order (unnormalized), since this was supported in older versions.
10. Changed: Reworked how menus and toolbars draw the last item when a chevron appears for a more natural look.
11. Changed: Improved how view headers perform their layout as they run out of horizontal space.
12. Fixed: Some singles wouldn't appear in the store.
13. Changed: Better messaging in the store for albums that haven't been released yet.
14. Changed: Higher quality cover art is used when streaming from the store.
15. Optimized: Improved image quality and loading performance of album images on home page.
16. Optimized: The thumbnailing engine uses filename-based caching so the same filename or URL isn't read over-and-over to display a list of files with the same external image filename. (cache items only live a short amount of time)
17. Fixed: MC would crash if user attempted to scan television channel while having no television device installed on the computer.
18. Fixed: Scrolling and sizing of the Tag Action Window could be problematic.
19. Changed: Editing in the Tag Action Window places the edit below the label with the full width of the window.
20. Fixed: In rare cases, clicking away from editing in the Tag Action Window could crash.

14.0.80 (10/06/2009)

1. NEW: Added the ability to uninstall a DSP plug-in to the 'Add plug-in' menu in DSP Studio.
2. Fixed: Stock DSP plug-ins could be uninstalled, possibly causing problems.
3. Fixed: Output plug-ins / drivers that don't fully play down their queued buffers could stall on the last track, requiring a manual stop to be pressed.
4. NEW: Added support for MainFrame::MenuBackground skin item to place a skinned background under the main menu.
5: Changed: Try to support ipod nano 5g. Music only! Need feedback.

14.0.79 (10/02/2009)

1. Changed: Theater View artist slideshows filter out a few missing image pictures from flickr, etc.
2. Fixed: When double-clicking a file that couldn't play, in some cases it could silently advance and play the next track instead of showing the problem playing the selected track.
3. Changed: MC no longer offers to configure the Amazon downloader.
4. Optimized: Improved performance of core block memory allocation engine.
5. Changed: Search suggestions will not automatically select the first suggestion, so down + enter must be pressed to accept a suggestion (instead of just enter).
6. Optimized: Improved home page loading performance of Performer Store.
7. Optimized: Improved database loading performance.
8. Changed: Added more ipod nano 5g and shuffle 3g definitions. Need feedback.
9. Optimized: Stores (e.g. Performer) only load when needed rather than at MC startup. This speeds up startup time considerably.
10. Fixed: If the crash dialog showed at startup, the program would crash again. (only applies to last few builds)
11: Changed: Added ogv file type (Ogg Video).  Separated "Media Container (ogm,mkv)" into "Matroska Video (mkv)" and "Ogg Video (ogv,ogm)".
12. Fixed: The initial import Action Window could be sized incorrectly.
13. Changed: Forward slashes in fields no longer output a new directory when using Rename, Move, & Copy Files.
14. Fixed: Theater View '(No Theme)' mode was not working properly. (may need to reselect in options to correct)
15. NEW: Theater View allows selection of a background color and overlay image strength for themes.

14.0.78 (09/30/2009)

1. Fixed: Theater View themes didn't run a slideshow in artist-style views.

14.0.77 (09/30/2009)

1. Fixed: With Media Server running, previewing an image from Explorer then closing with the 'x' wouldn't close the program.
2. Changed: Theater View themes better handle switching between views that resolve to the same theme path.
3. NEW: When a Theater View theme uses a video, the position of the video will be saved so leaving and reentering the view resumes in the last location.
4. NEW: Theater View can switch between multiple installed themes in Options > Theater View.
5. NEW: Theater View themes can be packaged up into a zip files, shared, and installed from a zip file. (Options > Theater View > Theme)
6. Changed: The view menu at the top of My Computer views allows changing list styles without using the customization dialog.
7. Fixed: Performer store startup should be quicker - zero initial hits to the Discovery music service.

14.0.76 (09/29/2009)

1. Fixed: If the system was configured to prompt about accepting a cookie, it could show a dialog from Podcasting or Theater View themes.  Now cookies will be silently rejected in this case.
2. Optimized: Improved data flow when using Dolby Digital output to remove all memory allocations, and greatly reduce the number of memory copies.
3. Fixed: Theater View could draw scrollbars for lists that were not scrollable.
4. NEW: Added soft edges to Theater View theme images.
5. NEW: Improved aspect ratio handling of Theater View theme images.
6. NEW: Theater View themes can use videos instead of just images (they cross-fade with other videos or images when using multiple videos).
7. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Benoit de Corn).
8. Changed: Improved efficiency and caching used by Theater View theme images.
9. Changed: Double clicking an image in Windows Explorer will always display in a windowed display view (previously it could go full screen).

14.0.75 (09/28/2009)

1. NEW: Added new Theater View background system called 'Themes' available in Options > Theater View (experimental -- may not remain).
2. Fixed: Some Theater View backgrounds could draw before the rest of the skin would draw.
3. Fixed: Theater View scroll / selection could be reset when re-entering Theater View.
4. NEW: Added define for ipod shuffle 3g. Need feedback.
5. Fixed: Delete temp files created when trying to automatically add cover art to flac files that were read-only.

14.0.74 (09/25/2009)

1. Fixed: The loading page of the Performer Store did not properly support translation.
2. Fixed: Navigating back from an external page like Images or Wiki in the Performer Store could show a never-ending 'Loading...' page.
3. Changed: The television guide list shows 18 hours forward instead of 12 hours forward from the start time. (in Standard View and Theater View)
4. Fixed: A television recording in Theater View with no date would show a spurious comma in the display.
5. Changed: The television programming guide only says 'Showing' when viewing the current time.
6. Fixed: Editorial content for Performer store was not getting downloaded.
7. Changed: Display of home page in Performer store is quicker.
8. Fixed: Download action window showed a 'Cancel' button even if the download was already completed.
9. Internal: Reworked how wait messages are shown to better prevent them causing a situation where a pop-up shows under the program.
10. Changed: If a DVD is inserted while Theater View is showing and nothing is playing, the disc will be played, regardless of the AutoPlay settings in Options > CD & DVD.
11. Changed: The 'Play' button on the remote will act like pressing enter in Theater View when a non-playable item is selected. (allows pressing 'Play' on DVD to start playback, or 'Play' to browse news, etc.)
12. Changed: Tuned how remote control blasting works when generating repeats to work better on transceivers capable of blasting and receiving simultaneously (like the JRiver Media Center Remote).
13. Changed: When displaying a file size, a decimal is only shown for values less than 100 (i.e. will show decimal for 48.5 MB but not for 641 MB).
14. NEW: Added define for ipod nano 5g. Need feedback.

johnp

• World Citizen
  • let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'
nano 5g
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 01:12:26 am »

with this version I can now properly identify and sync the nano, but unfortunately I can not see the music on the ipod under music.  I see that there is a music sub-folder populated with files under the ipod control folder but the music does not show up in the music section of the ipod.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 14.0.81 -- Available Here
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 04:55:02 am »

Tagging musepack files crashes MC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 07:06:33 am »

Tagging musepack files crashes MC

I can confirm this.

I attached a log of a tagging attempt. During the log I resetted the log file and immediately after that tried to edit the Name field of an mpc file. (directly in the name column in the Playing Now list)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

wayne.earle

Re: nano 5g
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 03:07:45 am »

I am having the exact same problem, the sync seems to work well but no music shows up through the nano interface

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 02:53:28 pm »

When in edit mode (F2) and move around through the columns in detail view the column header don't move with the content. To get the right header back to their columns you have to click the vertical scroll bar.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 07:37:07 pm »

The DSP plugins have given me a "may not have been installed properly" message in Windows 7.  The extra ones also seem to just stop working over time (sometimes).  Some sort of intermittent issues that I will post more about if I figure anything more out.

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
DSP uninstall still not working
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 02:00:52 am »

I read the list of fixes and tried out the DSP uninstall. Unfortunately it is still not working for me. The new UI to uninstall directly from the Add-Plugin .. button in DSP studio is pretty cool but I still can't actually remove any VST plugins.

It seems to work okay but nothing is actually removed. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this. I assume when you looked at this it worked for you?

Cheers

Thomas

outofspace7

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Im using Opera 10 browser! www.opera.com
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 02:08:07 am »

Why MC14 can play WavePack File but it's not adding to own library?
outofspace

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 08:02:05 am »

Why MC14 can play WavePack File but it's not adding to own library?

Is this a new bug? Did it work properly before? You should first check that you have the option 'Automatically import files when played' selected in General Options under Importing and Tagging.

GrantDG

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 14.0.81 -- Scheduler Issue
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 10:49:32 pm »

This has been an issue since V14 was released, but just done a bit of testing to work out some more details.

Scheduler will not fire for any Zone other than the first Zone in the drop downlist.

To replicate the issue:
  • Ensure you have at least 2 zoners defined
  • Create a new Scheduler task for other than the first zone
  • Click OK
  • Immediately going back into the task, via "edit Task" will show either no Zone selection, or default to the first zone
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

HiFiTubes

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 10:55:11 am »

Streaming 24/96 .flac uncompressed plays fine over library server, but the bitrate is displayed as -1 for anything over 1000kbps?

Media Center 14.0.81 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Intel Pentium III 2989 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 1069 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6002.18005 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6002 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6002 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM DH10N     Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: Optiarc  DVD+-RW AD-7200S   Addr: 0:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active/Enabled)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active/Enabled)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DSP uninstall still not working
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 01:23:37 pm »

I read the list of fixes and tried out the DSP uninstall. Unfortunately it is still not working for me. The new UI to uninstall directly from the Add-Plugin .. button in DSP studio is pretty cool but I still can't actually remove any VST plugins.

It seems to work okay but nothing is actually removed. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this. I assume when you looked at this it worked for you?

Cheers

Thomas

I'll reply here to keep this in one place:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=54254.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 02:19:39 pm »

I am in need of help with the Track Info, they all show as a blank white screen in the display area, while Cover Art and Visualizations display fine.

I just changed my monitor to an LCD using DVI rather than VGA, could that have any relation?
All else appears 'normal'.
. . . the game is rigged

Golem_vl

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 08:54:38 pm »

Part of the translation does not work in language files:

#  Source Code > SmartlistHelper
################################
<empty>
No modification
Limit time to
Limit size to
Limit number to
Limit of device
Limit percentage to
Limit (advanced)
Limit database to
Mix
Only duplicates of
Remove duplicates of
Expand to full albums
Sort by

And these parts are not present

#  Source Code > MCBar
#################
File
View

and

Hide files in subfolders
Show files in subfolders
Hide Files In Subfolders
Show Files In Subfolders
Show Only Files In Library

HiFiTubes

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 12:35:18 pm »

I too have observed this bug twice.It was not an upgrade to a new version that fixed it, but things just sorted themselves out over a month. Very frustrating however.

I am in need of help with the Track Info, they all show as a blank white screen in the display area, while Cover Art and Visualizations display fine.

I just changed my monitor to an LCD using DVI rather than VGA, could that have any relation?
All else appears 'normal'.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 09:19:15 am »

Track playing

Pause

Drag position slider

Track unpauses (don't think it should) but play/pause button remains in pause state
Pages: [1]   Go Up