INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename/move/copy re: files on dvd disc --feature request!  (Read 836 times)

miserythemexican

• Recent member
Rename/move/copy re: files on dvd disc --feature request!
« on: October 17, 2009, 07:14:58 pm »

hey peeps!

I have a few data dvds filled with .avi files from when i used to have fewer/smaller hard drives, which i now want to copy to my numerous/larger hard drives but when i import & tag the files on the disc, then go to the rename/move/copy menu option i get the error message 'selected files cannot be renamed' (or something).

seems like this error should pop up when you click ok at the rename/move/copy window IF you have selected rename or move... surely i should be able to 'copy & update database to new location' with read only files?!?

it's not like it's difficult to copy them to a local drive beforehand, but MC does almost everything for me and i guess i'd like it to do the rest too!!

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Rename/move/copy re: files on dvd disc --feature request!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:11:52 pm »

Let me bump this guy back up... At the very least, it's a counterintuitive feature name.

"Rename, Move, & Copy Files"

Does the ampersand mean it only does all three? No, using it you can move and/or copy without renaming files. Ok, let's just copy then. Wait, it doesn't even let you in if the file is un-renamable. Durrr...  ::)

Micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up