INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video -> Movies View, What is it?  (Read 1057 times)

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Video -> Movies View, What is it?
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:20:23 pm »

Hi, I am brand new to MC (using MC14, Build 79 on Vista) and am having trouble with the Movies view.  From the tree on the left, I select Videos and then Movies.  It says that it is searching for files, but nothing is ever displayed. 

Under Videos->Files I can see all of the avi, VIDEO_TS files and it appears to be picking up the Genre from the MyMovies.xml files (and the associated cover art) that I have located at each of the relevant directories.  But the Movies view displays nothing and consequently no directors etc.

Am I misunderstanding the intent of this view?  Is there something I have to do to explicitly activate the reading of the MyMovies data?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Video -> Movies View, What is it?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 06:47:30 am »

Think I may have largely solved my own problem.

MC14 doesn't appear to correctly import mymovies.xml files.  Only after I did a playlists import of the mymovies xml file of the list of movies did MC14 recognize them as "Movies".  Now all is pretty except that library now has a lot of duplicates (in the files list anyway, anyone know how to clean this to remove duplicates?)

Craig

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 03:28:35 am »

found that the media sub type tag must be set to movies to be visible here.  i had assumed that because i had brought info in with mymovies.xml files that it would show here.  for some unknown reason some "movies" did show up and others didn't.  assigning tags to all fixed this.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 07:14:37 am »

found that the media sub type tag must be set to movies to be visible here.  i had assumed that because i had brought info in with mymovies.xml files that it would show here.  for some unknown reason some "movies" did show up and others didn't.  assigning tags to all fixed this.

Yes. For some strange reasons DVD's is considered "data", and not video. It's a bit annoying. I hope it will be corrected soon.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up