INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art file names  (Read 949 times)

pmessing

• Recent member
Cover art file names
« on: October 19, 2009, 09:22:56 am »

When cover art is saved "In a specified folder," the files in that folder (the individual cover art files) are named according to the following formula: <artist> - <album>. Is it possible to change this so that they are named just by album?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Cover art file names
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:51:14 am »

The internally used rule is actually [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album] so that it can work correctly also with various artists albums.

I think plain [Album] would be insufficient. MC would overwrite the cover art image each time an identically named album already exists.

For example, my collection has 45 "Greatest Hits", 16 "The Best Of", 7 "The Ultimate Collection", 6 "Live", 5 "The Essential", 4 "Gold" albums and lots of other instances with two or three identical album names. For searching the duplicate album names I used the following rule in the search box:
 -[Album]=[] -[Artist]=[] [Track #]=1 [Disc #]=<2 ~dup=[Album] ~nodup=[Album Artist /(auto/)]
It returned 192 album duplicates in my library.

Oh, and to answer your question - no, it isn't currently possible to change the automatic naming rule. However, MC does not limit the used filename and/or the image file's location when you add a cover art link by hand.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover art file naming - does not appear to use fields dynamically
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 01:12:32 pm »

I have just completed a major review of cover art and have seemingly found that when a album name is changed (for the music file), the cover art file name is NOT dynamically updated.  The link remains to the old (incorrect) coverart filename.

Enhancement suggestion: if either of the two fields used to determine the cover art filename is changed, a new coverart file should be created (not sure whether it is appropriate to always delete the old one - may not be able to can't guarantee it isn't in use somewhere).  I did this manually whenever I changed an artist or album name (usually a misspelling, etc.)
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up