INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Artists Behaviour when syncing to a flash drive  (Read 1171 times)

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
Multiple Artists Behaviour when syncing to a flash drive
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:01:58 am »

I'm trying to sync my MP3 library to a usb flash drive. Multiple Artist discs are stored under "Assorted" on my HDD, for all MA discs the "Album Artist (auto)" field is populated and the "Album Artist" field is not, which is expected. If my handheld path preference is "[Artist]/[Album]" then every artist on the MA discs get their own directory...not desired. I get closer if I change the path to "[Album Artist (auto)]/[Album]" Then everything is kept together under each MA disc, but the discs are stored under "Multiple Artists" as opposed to "Assorted". I realize that is exactly what I'm telling MC to do since the "Album Artist (auto)" field for each MA disc is "Multiple Artists" and this will probably be a workable solution. I'm just curious if this is the best way to solve this issue or am I missing something simple and is there something else I could change to get things to sync exactly as they are on the HDD?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up