INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging Suggestion  (Read 710 times)

Allen

Tagging Suggestion
« on: July 06, 2002, 11:55:08 am »

I have a few suggestions that would make tagging easier.

I have a large collection (2000 |PLS| artists, 20000= songs), and after downloading variuos files, I often find myself having to rename the artist because people spell it differently.

It is really cool that I can drag and drop the artist name in the left column to do this, but if I am changing name to one that already exists, it jumps to the top of the list, or to the new name.

For example, many people use the word "The" in the artist name, but I find it easier to remove this in organizing files.

Example:

I spend a few hours downloading files, and I get a bunch of artist names like "The Allman Brothers Band"

I rename it to "Allman Brothers Band"

And when rename is complete, the left column jumps all the way to the top and I have to scroll down through 2000 artist names to rename the next "The Band"

Can you make it so it stays in the same place after renaming? It would be really cool.

Also, A Nomad Playcenter issue:

Playcenter recognizes the difference between Upper and lower case,and MJ does not appear to.

Example:

In my "Allman Brothers Band" folder, I have 319 files that all appear under the same folder.

When I open them in Playcenter, I get Three different artists

Allman Brothers band
Allman brothers Band
Allman brothers band

Since I can't re tag them in Playcenter, I have to go back to MJ, select all of the Songs, rename them in properties,

Then I have to go back to Playcenter, delete the files, and re scan my folder (takes 20 minutes for all my files)

Anyway, would it be possible to have a setting to recognize upper and lower case in MJ?

It would save me and others with large collections hours of time.

Thanks, Allen

zevele1

RE:Tagging Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 12:22:35 pm »

Concerning the Media Player problem,i am with you
It is very very annoying,AND I AM VERY POLITE

It drives me mad
Keep the tree at the last entry open would be ok

Jonas

• World Citizen
RE:Tagging Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 12:36:44 pm »

There's a similar problem when you delete an item from the "playing now" list.  Instead of having the next line selected, the selection disappears and if you then try to navigate using the cursor keys you jump to the beginning of the list instead.  If you want to stay where you were in the list after pressing Delete, you have to remember to click somewhere in the list using the mouse, and then you can use the cursor keys again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up