INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to lookup tag info through Amazon or other music database  (Read 1332 times)

drc

• World Citizen
How to lookup tag info through Amazon or other music database
« on: October 21, 2009, 08:57:27 am »

Is there anyway to create or connect to a music database store in MC14.

The problem.  I'm trying to update all of my music tags in MC14...when I do a look up with YADB...nothing comes back (simply nothing found is the answer).

Using Window Media Player they have a service (fai.metaservice) which can find anything...however, I don't share my database with Windows mainly because if it doesn't understand the tag...it throws it to the side as an error (over 1000 errors to mainly to research).

So, Is there a way to connect MC14 to a service like Amazon, discogs or even the windows server

If so, please explain how to add the entry into MC14

Thanks

iancollins

Re: How to lookup tag info through Amazon or other music database
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 02:27:57 pm »

Hiya, I just downloaded MJ after using WMP and like most newcomers I am very impressed. Not least of all I have dispensed with the perpetual WMP crashing!

Anyway, I have found that a lot of album cover art cannot be found using your default service. Is there a way please to add new services. I think I am asking the same.

Cheers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to lookup tag info through Amazon or other music database
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 03:01:37 pm »

No.  Sorry.  But you can copy and paste from any source.

Click on the image in the tag to start.  Then right click on it to see your options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up