INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC can't fully regain focus (scrolling, links, menus aren't accessible)  (Read 2091 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe

• Using custom DPI setting on Windows 7 (xp mode - otherwise everything looks rather fuzzy and scales poorly).
  • Newest version of Logitech Setpoint.

Often, the scroll will fail to work in MC, and simultaneously, no links will appear on Tiles. If I open a menu in the toolbar it seems to shake things back into normal operation.

Media Center 14.0.84 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 14\

Workstation 6.1  (Build 7100)
AMD Unknown 2594 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2882 MB, Free - 1556 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.7100.0 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7100 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7100 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7100 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ-846S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-846S    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices: H:\

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  Library Server (Active/Enabled)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  LastFmDJ
  Lyrics Editor

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Mouse scrolling fails
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:34:20 am »

Often, the scroll will fail to work in MC, and simultaneously, no links will appear on Tiles. If I open a menu in the toolbar it seems to shake things back into normal operation.

What type of scrolling fails?  The mouse wheel, the scrollbar, or some other method?

If you're having mouse wheel problems, could you try without the Logitech software installed?  Mouse driver programs have a history of making a mess of standard mouse handling (which Media Center fully supports).

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HiFiTubes

Mouse scrolling fails
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 10:39:25 am »

Sorry, I meant scroll wheel will fail, but I don't think it is a wholly mouse software issue (maybe?) because MC seems to not actively detect the mouse hover (no links under Tiles). Other times I have seen the toolbar menu links become completely inactive. I will try ripping out SetPoint tonight, but it's rather essential for me to have installed so I can configure my mouse buttons for tagging shortcuts.

What type of scrolling fails?  The mouse wheel, the scrollbar, or some other method?

If you're having mouse wheel problems, could you try without the Logitech software installed?  Mouse driver programs have a history of making a mess of standard mouse handling (which Media Center fully supports).

Thanks.

HiFiTubes

Re: Mouse scrolling fails
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 09:45:03 am »

This is related to full screen issues/taks bar issues. I notice this behavior is initiated when I go from full screen track info, minimize, go out to taskbar, and back to MC, for example. MC just gets stuck sometimes.

I have Windows 7 x64 set to auto-hide the task bar, and I am using 140% DPI custom setting in XP mode.

I ripped out SetPoint, and as I said, it seems feels much more like a rendering issue given that sometimes menus won't open and Tiles won't display links.

Thanks!

HiFiTubes

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 07:24:00 am »

This problem remains and is definitely related to MC focus.

If the Windows Task Bar or another gets a higher Z-index value at some point, I have to mimize MC and maximize to regain Tile links, Toolbar Menu access, and mousewheel scrolling.

Simply Media, for example, can't be minimized when it needs to update with a scan. This little window keeps ending up on top of MC unless I min/max MC. Same with other similar things, the Taskbar situation is a little strange in Windows 7 with the removal of the option to Keep on Top.

I know Glynor posted here regarding a similar issue with the Task Bar sans the scrolling issue. But this is now an MC focus issue, and I am also using a custom DPI size like he is.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 07:27:59 am »

This problem remains and is definitely related to MC focus.

If the Windows Task Bar or another gets a higher Z-index value at some point, I have to mimize MC and maximize to regain Tile links, Toolbar Menu access, and mousewheel scrolling.

Simply Media, for example, can't be minimized when it needs to update with a scan. This little window keeps ending up on top of MC unless I min/max MC. Same with other similar things, the Taskbar situation is a little strange in Windows 7 with the removal of the option to Keep on Top.

I know Glynor posted here regarding a similar issue with the Task Bar sans the scrolling issue. But this is now an MC focus issue, and I am also using a custom DPI size like he is.
Focus problems can often be related to a filter.   Make sure (at a minimum) that you turn off task bar notification in FFDshow and Haali.  FFDshow has 2.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 09:00:44 am »

Thanks. I had these disabled these and more.
Focus problems can often be related to a filter.   Make sure (at a minimum) that you turn off task bar notification in FFDshow and Haali.  FFDshow has 2.

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: MC can't fully regain focus (scrolling, links, menus aren't accessible)
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 08:06:49 pm »

Hi all,

I'm having this problem under Windows 7.  Just installed MC14 and I'm immediately getting symptoms exactly as described here.  Had a resolution ever been found?

EDIT: Further details...MC13 on the same computer (my HTPC) is operating fine without this problem.  On my office computer, same OS configuration and applications, this behavior does not occur at all with MC14.  It's a shame I'll need to go back to MC13 on my HTPC an hour after upgrading..

EDIT #2: Whoohoo!  I reinstalled CCCP and it's all working now.  Same settings and everything (even turned the tray icons back on).  Either something was reset, or one of the many components was newer than what I had installed on that computer.  Yahoo!  Sorry for resurrecting this thread but maybe it'll help someone else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up