INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imported albums always missing track 1 - titles are sequenced alphabetically?  (Read 2477 times)

akai

• Recent member

New to JRiver.  Just downloaded the software yesterday.  PC running Vista home basic. 

Imported albums from previously ripped with Win Media Player in WAV format.  Every album imported had track number # 1 to "unassigned", also songs are not in original sequence, no track# imported and songs are sequenced alphabetically(based on title)? 

All track 1s went to "unassigned" showed up with correct album artwork thumbnail - as Track # 1 - Unknown Artist  and under File Heading pointing to the right artist, album, title, right track number (Yes\Classic Yes\01 Heart of The Sunrise)?

What did I do wrong?

mP

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

WMP does not save tags to the wav files. (Actually, neither did J River programs until the very latest build of MC14. As a new feature it has an option to enable tagging of uncompressed WAVE and AIFF files.)

However, MJ12 has a very good tool for getting file tags from the filename and directory structure.

If your filenames are like you described (Yes\Classic Yes\01 Heart of The Sunrise) you can use the Fill Properties From Filename tool as follows:

Directories:  [Artist]\Album]
Filename:  [Track #] [Name]

Select the audio files and run the tool (Tools > Library Tools > Fill Properties From Filename or right-click one of the selected files to access the Library Tools submenu)

Try a few test files first and verify that the rules work as intended.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

If you haven't ripped very many CD's, you might consider re-ripping to APE or FLAC.  They are both lossless formats.  There is no advantage to storing as WAV, but there are some disadvantages.  If you change your mind later, you can convert from APE to WAV and get the same file you have now.

akai

• Recent member

Thanks, I may just rerip the whole library again (so far only did about 50 CDs).

mP

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

If you decide to rerip you can enable the secure mode. It can detect and correct read errors. WMP doesn't have a similar feature. You can find more info here:
Topic: How can I ensure quality of a ripped music file

I too would recommend using the APE or FLAC format. MJ supports tagging these formats and the files would be significantly smaller without losing a bit of audio quality.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up