INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Background Images  (Read 1197 times)

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
Theater View Background Images
« on: October 26, 2009, 10:38:49 am »

OK, now I get the option for displaying the slideshow. What exactly is an 'Artist View'? I notice that if I only have 1 artist in playing now I get the slideshow but if I have a playlist of multiple artists I get the regular background images in the theme. This is probably what you expect but I sort of expected the artist of the currently playing track to display. Am I configured wrong or is this the inteneded operation?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View Background Images
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 10:55:43 am »

you are not configuring it wrong, its how it is working. when there are several artists in a list it wont get the images from the internet. not only playing now, but any list.

:)
gab

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 11:19:20 am »

Do you think it will ever be configured to get images based on the currently playing track? I can see some cool things for the background images. I'm thinking along the lines of the customization of the info panel. Maybe something that would allow you to select a field or fields from the library that would be used to filter the search and coul dbe configured with the same logic as a playlist. For example, Media type= Audio can search based on [Artist][Album][Name], etc. It would refine the image search and make for some cool backgrounds. It would be like th enext generation of the track info templates.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 11:25:45 am »

Do you think it will ever be configured to get images based on the currently playing track?
i can only hope... ;)

about refining. might be an idea. i still hope it could be possible to use images from my own database, especially for artist names that are hopeless.

:)
gab

nuke2000

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 01:08:42 pm »

It's a cool feature for sure but have to agree that the sometimes random and limited web images it grabs are a bit odd. Perhaps a cofiguration option pointing to local image stored in a folder called images under the artist name perhaps? Oh, and to have this function for multiple artists in a playlist would be killer  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up