INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix & PS3  (Read 2084 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Netflix & PS3
« on: October 26, 2009, 04:00:03 pm »

Jeff

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: Netflix & PS3
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 10:29:58 pm »

+1 8)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 09:24:18 am »

The thing I'm not understanding is the need for a disc. What is it for? Is it just to install some playback software? Or is it something that needs to be inserted everytime you want to stream Netflix movies to your PS3?

Obviously, if you're a Netflix subscriber and plan on watching streaming movies, then you must have an internet connection. So if the disc is just to install some playback software, then why can't it be deployed via the internet?

And if it's a disc that needs to be inserted everytime you want to stream movies, then... wow, that really sucks.n

Actually, I just found an article that indicates that it is, in fact, the latter...

"To access the Netflix streaming service, PlayStation 3 users will have to pop in a Blu-ray disc that Netflix will mail out. The disc will access the Internet and activate the Netflix system so people can find movies to stream."

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2009/10/27/news/business/doc4ae6565293db0153341354.txt

I don't get it. Why can't it just be an update to the PS3 system software like it is on the Xbox 360?

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 09:32:00 am »

I agree about the disc. My guess is this is a temporary requirement until Sony does something to the PS3 firmware.
Pages: [1]   Go Up