INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some files not appearing under Podcasts in the tree  (Read 1254 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Some files not appearing under Podcasts in the tree
« on: November 07, 2009, 02:00:39 pm »

I subscribe to the CBC's Vinyl Cafe. There are about 10 files missing from the "Vinyl Cafe" list under Podcasts, that do appear in the Music\Podcats\Vinyl Cafe\directory (or through an Audio search for Vinyl Cafe).  Is there a way to display the missing files in the podcast list?  (They are all set to Podcast genre and all the files are in the same folder. They don't all have the same artist or album tags though. I guess the feed changes those every once in a while, but that doesn't seem to be relevant as far as I can see).
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Some files not appearing under Podcasts in the tree
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 02:11:10 pm »

There are about 10 files missing from the "Vinyl Cafe" list under Podcasts, that do appear in the Music\Podcats\Vinyl Cafe\directory
Check the tag and look at the Media Sub-type.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 02:38:22 pm »

I selected them all and changed the sub-type to Podcast.  Didn't make a difference.  However, the files missing from the Podcast list in the tree are also missing Episode URLs. That must be the issue.  I guess I'll try sticking in any URL to see what happens.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 01:07:18 pm »

Does the episode URL have to be an internal field? I have the exact url of the missing episodes in my podcast feed, and while I can download and import them, I can't add the Episode URL which is probably why the episodes can't be displayed under Podcast in the tree.

sunfire7

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 09:11:11 am »

I have the same issue, when i re-import a podcast i cant manage to return it to the podcast list, even if the media sub-type is set to podcast,  So im very interested in the answer for this question!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish
Pages: [1]   Go Up