INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoring MC 12 License  (Read 4760 times)

Stevef

Restoring MC 12 License
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:44:19 am »

I bought MC 12 over a year ago.  Approx. 6 months later, I upgraded to MC 13 (no charge).  Recently, I opened the program to find a window telling me that my trial period would expire in 30 days.  For some reason my account reverted back to a trial account.  I have my original key and tried to restore MC 12 only to be told that the license was not valid.  The latest message, "Problem Running Media Center 13" said:  "MC 13 is running, but there may be a problem. Possible causes: 1. the program may be running under a different user account. 2. MC 13 and Media Server are both in Windows Startup.  You must remove one. 3.  The program is not responding for some unknown reason."

Do I have to Uninstall MC and start over, losing all of my libraries etc?  If trying to restore MC 12 or MC 13 is not possible, I expect JRiver to furnish whatever version will work.  I bought MC 12 with the intention of having it for life ... no expiration.  What can be done, please help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Restoring MC 12 License
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:15:47 am »

The Purchase link above has info on how licenses work.

When you do a Restore, our system also e-mails you an Install Key that is good for 14 days.  Just start MC12 and point to it.

I checked and your license is an MC12 license.  It won't work with MC13.

Stevef

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:40:29 am »

When I try to double click on the attachment sent to me in the email, it tells me that "your license is not valid for MC.  Do you want to purchase an upgrade?"  The version on my computer is MC 13.  When you say start MC 12, I can't do that.  Please be as thorough as possible with additional advise, or maybe I could talk with someone via phone to get this resolved??

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 11:51:43 am »

When I try to double click on the attachment sent to me in the email, it tells me that "your license is not valid for MC.
That's because MC13 is opening it.  Open it with MC12.  Right click on it and choose Open With, then find MC12.exe 

You might also be able to drag it into the player. 

Installing MC12 again might re-register the mjr filetype.

Uninstalling MC13 might do it.

Stevef

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 12:06:22 pm »

All I seem to have is MC 13.exe.  If uninstalling MC 13 is my only option, won't I lose my music and photo libraries and I will have to re-populate these libraries?  If that is no big deal, how do I install MC 12 after I uninstall MC 13?  After installing MC 12, what are the exact steps to follow to get the program working again?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 12:09:21 pm »

MC12 can't import an MC13 library, so you'll need to start from scratch with MC12.

Download MC12 and install it.  Here's a link:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Old_Versions

Use MC12 to import your library.

When you're sure it's right, uninstall MC13.

Stevef

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 12:27:03 pm »

JimH, you da man!  MC 12 opens and my libraries are already intact.  I will now uninstall MC 13.  Any idea how all this could have happened?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 12:46:36 pm »

Good to hear it's working.  I don't know what you saw.

bodell3

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 12:54:00 pm »

Jim,

Maybe I misunderstood something here.  I was a purchaser of Version 10.  then I upgraded for free to Version 12.  Now all of a sudden I can't rip Cd's anymore , saying I needto purchase an encoder license.  When did this happen?  I thought the version 12 was a full version.  If I would have known that I still had to buy stuff I would have stayed on version 10.

Am I missing something?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 01:27:57 pm »

I was a purchaser of Version 10.  then I upgraded for free to Version 12.  Now all of a sudden I can't rip Cd's anymore , saying I needto purchase an encoder license.  When did this happen?  I thought the version 12 was a full version.  If I would have known that I still had to buy stuff I would have stayed on version 10.
It sounds like you are using Media Jukebox, version 12.  It is free.  The encoder is not.

If you have an MC12 license, you could upgrade to MC14 for $24.98.

bodell3

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 04:47:49 pm »

How about a MC10 license?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 04:57:22 pm »

How about a MC10 license?
That also works.  The upgrade is the same price.
Pages: [1]   Go Up