INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can I block explicit music from my kids?  (Read 1065 times)

vicini

• World Citizen
can I block explicit music from my kids?
« on: October 29, 2009, 11:06:11 pm »

I usually have both versions of music cd's. Clean and Explicit. I always tell my kids not to sync explicit music to there mp3 players but kids never listen.
So, is there a way of not allowing explicit music content to sync to my kids mp3 players?
Thanks
Scott

Using MC 14.0.71 current
Scott

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: can I block explicit music from my kids?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 12:07:33 am »

Choose an unused field (or create a custom field) to mark content you want to block from your kids.

I use the standard Keyword field and populate it with "Personal" for all files I want to block.

Then configure the Access Control feature with a password and set it to block all files with Keyword=Personal.

Leave Access Control turned on when you are not using the computer and you are done.

vicini

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 01:26:58 am »

Well, since i have all my albums labeled with Explicit and each song in that album labeled with Explicit made this task much more easier. Using access control, i just told it not to display filenames and albums containing Explicit. Worked like a champ.
Thanks for the speedy responce.

Enjoy
Scott

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:56:56 am »

Be aware that if one of your kids is a registry wizard it is easy to override this security. Hopefully they won't be reading this forum.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up