INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist problem - doesn't save sequence order  (Read 738 times)

duhva

Playlist problem - doesn't save sequence order
« on: July 05, 2002, 01:36:14 pm »

Hi. I'm trying out v8.0.318. I created a playlist, saved it, and when I bring it back in to MJ all the songs are there, but they're in alphabetical order. When I import that same playlist into winamp, it appears in the sequential order I saved it in, which is what I want. Is this a bug or oversight in MJ, or am I not doing something I should be doing. Thanks.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
RE:Playlist problem - doesn't save sequence order
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2002, 01:52:25 pm »

you can order a playlist as you like by using the column headers.

In your case I guess you want it to be ordered by the Seq field Clicking on the Seq column header does ascending/descending order. Right click on the columns strip allow you to make field visibles or not

Claudio

duhva

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2002, 02:07:36 pm »

Thanks Claudio, but ordering using the SEQ tab doesn't help, because it doesn't seem to recognize the sequence numbering of the playlist. It orders them alphabetically and then changes the sequence numbers to reflect the alphabetical list instead.

Any ideas? Thanks.

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2002, 02:13:37 pm »

Order the playlist as you like and right-click the playlist in the Org Tree (left side) or on any track in the playlist (right side) and choose Update Order.  You cannot order SmartLists.

duhva

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2002, 02:50:07 pm »

I see what you're saying zrocker, but that also doesn't help me, because it imports the playlist in alpha order. Basically, I want MJ to import a playlist in the correct order of songs it was originally saved in, not in alphabetical order.

I've been using FILE > Import Media File to improt playlists. Maybe this is what I'm doing wrong?
Pages: [1]   Go Up