INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not possible to have multiple group-by columns on detail panes?  (Read 862 times)

tjobbins

• World Citizen
Not possible to have multiple group-by columns on detail panes?
« on: November 02, 2009, 06:32:26 am »

Hi all

Is it not possible to group by multiple columns in a detail pane?  It seems that I can only select one option - the dropdown has a tick against the selected option, suggesting you can tick multiples, but this doesn't work; selecting another overrides the first.

I guess I can work around this by making  a custom expression field that concatanates the two source fields, and then group by that.  

But that's a bit clunky - I think MC needs to support grouping my multiple columns, in a defined order.   You could easily re-use the Customize View -> Sort -> Custom sort order dialogue box as the UI for controlling multiple group columns.

I currently have two use cases where I need this:

1. Audio:  I just crated a new Custom Field called Release Version.  This allows me to diffentiate different versions of the same CD.  E.g.  I mark MFSL releases, Ultradisk, or just a specific remaster.

In some cases I want to keep multiple versions of the same album.  Therefore I need to group first by Album, then by Release Version.  

2.  Video: TV Shows.  I want to group first by Series, then by Season.

Thanks

Tom

Pages: [1]   Go Up