INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "File Location" view in MJ  (Read 1024 times)

phatrabt

"File Location" view in MJ
« on: July 05, 2002, 10:42:51 am »

Question on the view...  why does MJ see some directories that my music is divided into and not others?  I have a lot of my music in sub dir's but there's also a lot in the regular dir.  If I go to the File Location view it only shows up a few of the dir's, not all of them.  I thought it might be because of the Album field but it's not that.  Does anyone else see this?  Thanks everyone!

phatrabt

Dragyn

RE:
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2002, 11:17:01 am »

They didn't finish it. There are a lot of bugs in it still. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next version.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
RE:
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2002, 11:25:28 am »

Hi pahtrabt

It only shows the location of the files imported in the MJ database. That view is built from the MJ database and does not know anything about your physical folders structure or their content, unless the content is imported.

Also make sure you do not have any filtering through the search criteria in the view scheme

I use it quite a bit, and I haven't run into problems so far

Claudio

phatrabt

RE:
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2002, 03:41:52 pm »

Actually, The files are all imported.  Also, I wonder if it would be possible to alow drag-n-drop inside the "File Location" view.  This would help me since I have a d-load folder that holds the music until I correct the tags and make sure they are valid\good files.  When I do this now I get an error message that states the command was ambiguous or something.  Any suggestions gang?  Thanks!

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2002, 05:15:20 pm »

phatrabt,

I can't help with your problem, but rather than rely on the directory for the files you have yet to edit, why not just keep them in the "Recently Imported" folder?  I have disabled "clear Recently Imported upon exit" and leave all my files there, until they are are fixed and/or tagged.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up